ZOETIS (ZTS) Stocks
Zoetis Inc. Class A, the world’s biggest producer of medicines and vaccinations for pets and livestock, was founded in 1952 and has its headquarters in Parsippany, New Jersey, in the United States.
The company, originally a subsidiary of Pfizer (the world’s largest drug producer) became an independent company when Pfizer spun of its 83% interest. Zoetis Inc. was incorporated on July 25, 2012. The company is engaged in the discovery, manufacture and marketing of animal health medicines and vaccines, with focus on pets and livestock. Zoetis Inc. directly markets its products in more than 45 countries and sells its products to a total of 100 countries. The company derives half of its revenue from its overseas markets.
With more than 65 years of experience, the company not only delivers quality medicines, vaccines and diagnostic products, but also offers genetic tests, biodevices and variety of other services. Its focus is to better understand and address the challenges of those who care for animals in a relevant manner. The name of the company has its roots in “zo”, and is derived from “zoetic”, which means “pertaining to life”. Zoetis Inc. support veterinarians and livestock producers to mitigate challenges associated with the care of animals.
The company’s manufacturing network comprises 28 facilities in 11 countries. Each of these facilities complies with chemical and infectious agent-safety regulatory requirements. Research and development operations are co-located with these sites, allowing the company to add new products to the market faster. The company continues to build on its six-decade Pfizer history and is focussed on the pursuit of high-tech innovative manufacturing technologies.
Today, Zoetis Inc. employs more than 9 000 people across its operations worldwide.
OVERVIEW OF ZOETIS
- Zoetis Inc. operates through its U.S. and International segments. Each of these segments offers an extensive product portfolio aimed at pets and livestock.
- Zoetis Inc. distributes products across eight core species: cattle, pigs, poultry, sheep and fish (livestock); and dogs, cat and horses (companion animals). The company has five product categories: anti-infectives, vaccines, parasiticides, medicated feed additives, and other pharmaceuticals. Zoetis Inc. has a portfolio of more than 300 product lines for its clients to purchase and markets its products to livestock producers and veterinarians in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and South America.
- Zoetis Inc.’s anti-infectives prevent kill or slow the growth of bacteria, protozoa and fungi. Its vaccines prevent respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases or induce a specific immune response. Parasiticides address internal and external parasites such as fleas, worms and ticks. The company also offers medicated feed additives that provide medicines to livestock. Other products comprise pain and sedation, oncology, reproductive, antiemetic and allergy and dermatology medication.
- Zoetis Inc.’s product portfolio include livestock brand lines such as Ceftiofur, Draxxin, Bovi-Shield line, Rispoval, Suvaxyn/Fostera, Cydectin, Dectomax, Lasalocid and Embrex devices, to name but a few. Its pets’ products are Clavamox/Synulox, ProHeart, Apoquel, Cerencia, Rimadyl and Vanguard.
VALUES OF ZOETIS
- The company’s name means “pertaining to life”. This illustrates its dedication to its clientele, the veterinarians and livestock farmers who care for the animals on which we all depend.
- Zoetis Inc. puts its customers first, as their well-being is to the company’s own benefit. It values strong business relationships and has a visible presence so as to respond quickly to local market needs.
- This customer-first business ethos is grounded in values such as loyalty, drive, innovation and honesty. By living these values daily, Zoetis Inc. stimulates its growth and add value for its shareholders, as it enable its clients and stakeholders to thrive in their own businesses.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ZOETIS
- Zoetis Inc. Class A trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “ZTS”.
- Its sound financial performance is reflected in the full-year 2018 figures of the company. It reported revenue of USUS Dollar 5.8 billion, an increase of 10% over the previous fiscal cycle. Its net income for 2018 was USUS Dollar 1.4 billion, an increase of 65 % over the previous cycle.
- Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
LATEST NEWS ZOETIS
Buy ZOETIS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ZOETIS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ZOETIS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ZOETIS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ZOETIS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ZOETIS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ZOETIS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?