XYLEM (XYL) Stocks
Xylem Inc., an American water technology company, was incorporated on May 4, 2011 and has its headquarters in Rye Brook, New York. The company enables its global clientele to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in residential, public utility, commercial, agricultural and industrial settings. It is an equipment provider for water and wastewater applications.
Its product portfolio and services addresses the water cycle – from collection and use to the return of water to the environment.
In 2011, Xylem’s parent company, ITT Corporation, decided to separate the company into three, stand-alone independent companies. The new water company was named Xylem.
The company focuses on two areas: water infrastructure and applied water. Xylem is a well-known global brand and sells its products in more than 150 countries through a distribution network consisting of direct sales force and independent channel partners.
The company boasts extensive expertise in the water industry. Xylem applications in the water equipment industry include transport, treatment, testing, building services, industrial processing and irrigation. Today, the company employs more than 16 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: WYNN RESORTS STOCKS
HISTORY OF XYLEM
- Xylem Inc. conducts its operations through three business segments: Water Infrastructure, Applied Water and Sensus.
- The Water Infrastructure segment transports, treats and tests water. It also offers a range of products such as water and wastewater pumps, treatment and testing equipment as well as controls and systems. This segment focuses on the process that collects water from a source and distributes it for use, after which it returns the wastewater to the environment. This segment also sells and rents specialty dewatering pumps and related equipment. Products in this segment include water and wastewater pumps, filtration, disinfection and biological treatment equipment.
- The Applied Water segment serves the residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural markets. Its products include pumps, valves, heat exchangers, dispensing equipment and controls. Its commercial clients include retailers, institutions, schools, hospitals and hotels. Industrial clients are original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), developers and managers of industrial facilities, machine shops, food processing companies and car washers. Its agricultural clients are livestock farmers, golf courses and aquaculture customers.
- The Sensus segment’s product portfolio comprises network communications, measurement and control technologies and software and services. This segment develops technologies aimed at the conservation of water and energy resources.
- It also delivers communications, metering, measurement and control technologies and services.
VISION & VALUES OF XYLEM
- Xylem Inc. strives to address the world’s most critical water challenges. The company regards its customers and stakeholders as partners in this endeavour. Its customers are the reason for the company’s success.
- The company’s employees are continuously inspired to make a difference through innovation and influence.
- It constantly strives to rewards its shareholders’ confidence in its success. Trust and growth enables shareholders to purchase company shares with confidence as they know their investments are secure.
- Xylem Inc. conducts its business from a platform of values such as integrity, honesty, respect, innovation and excellence.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF XYLEM
- Xylem Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “XYL”. The company is an S&P component.
- The company’s solid financial performance bodes well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
- For example, in 2018 the company generated total revenue of US$5.2 billion, which is an increase of 11% on a reported basis and 8% on an organic basis. Its full-year net income for 2018 was US$549 million or $3.13 per share, a 66% increase over the previous fiscal cycle.
You might also like: WHIRLPOOL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS XYLEM
Buy XYLEM stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase XYLEM Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy XYLEM Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN XYLEM STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE XYLEM STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of XYLEM stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy XYLEM stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : WEYERHAEUSER STOCKS