WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST (WWH) Shares
ABOUT WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST
Worldwide Healthcare Trust was previously known as Finsbury Worldwide Pharmaceutical and is a large British investment trust dedicated to investing in a portfolio of biotechnology and healthcare companies around the world.
It was established in April 1995 and its headquarters are in London in the United Kingdom.
Worldwide Healthcare Trust PLC is a closed-end fund that aims to achieve a high level of capital growth through worldwide investment in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The company invests in medical device technologies, life science tools and healthcare services and its geographic presence is also extensive in the US, Europe, Asia and emerging markets.
OVERVIEW OF WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST
- Worldwide Healthcare Trust is a specialist investment trust. Its portfolio manager is OrbiMed Capital LLC, founded in 1989 and the largest dedicated healthcare investment firm in the world.
- It has managed the company’s portfolio since its launch in 1995. This company participates in all aspects of healthcare, anywhere in the world because of its broad investment mandate that include patented speciality medicines for small patient populations and unpatented generic drugs, in both developed countries and emerging markets.
- The Company’s shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange and can be purchased through a stockbroker or financial intermediary.
- The shares are available through savings plans which enable regular monthly investments or lump sum investments.
VISION & VALUES OF WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST
- Worldwide Healthcare Trust’s strategy is to allow flexibility in managing the investments, in order to manage investment risk, it has imposed various investment, gearing and derivative guidelines and limits, within which investments are managed. The portfolio manager further encourages companies in which are invested to adhere to best practice regarding corporate governance.
- The Company recognises that social and environmental issues can influence some of its investee companies but since it is an investment trust its own direct environmental impact is minimal.
- The Board holds most of its regular meetings in the United Kingdom, with one each year in New York, and has a policy that travel, as far as possible, is minimal, thereby minimizing the Company’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Worldwide Healthcare Trust have put in place a sustainable value chain to ensure the entire company works as one to meet the needs of customers and shareholders who purchase shares with the company.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST
- Worldwide Healthcare Trust’s shares are traded on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) under the stock symbol WWH listed in the Sector: Alternative Investment Instruments.
- The company has produced another positive return for shareholders this year, although its strong performance at half-year did not continue in the second half of the year.
- The financial year ended March 2019 showed net asset value per share total return at +13.7% and share price total return +14.3%. Turbulent market conditions in the months to December 2018 saw a fall in their net asset value, followed by a sharp recovery in the first three months of 2019.
- Their constant/positive/fair/ sustained performance in the market gives shareholders confidence to buy or sell shares and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WORLDWIDE HEALTHCARE TRUST stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?