WOODSIDE PETROLEUM (WPL) Shares
ABOUT WOODSIDE PETROLEUM
Woodside Petroleum Limited is a petroleum exploration company.
Its portfolio includes the exploration, operation, production and marketing of oil and gas fields from both onshore and offshore sites, as well as pipelines throughout Australia, Mauritania and the United States.
It offers several products such as crude oil, domestic gas, liquefied natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas and condensate.
The company is recognised for offering quality services and is the largest natural gas producer in Australia.
Woodside Petroleum Limited employs approximately 3 300 people and is headquartered in Perth, Western Australia.
OVERVIEW OF WOODSIDE PETROLEUM
Woodside Petroleum Limited is founded in 1954 as Woodside Oil Co NL in the small town named Woodside, Victoria. It initially focusses on the gas pipelines in the Gippsland Basin. In the early 1060’s the company, together with Shell and Burmah Oil, creates the North West Shelf consortium.
Burmah Oil is later replaced with BHP. It sells its shares for a price of $3 per share in 1994.
In 2010 nearly a third of Shell’s shares are purchased for a price of $ 42.23 per share. In 2014 Woodside and institutional investors buy shares from Shell, which now has remaining shares of 4.5 percent.
Other investors at the time include BHB Billiton Petroleum, BP, Mitsubishi and Chevron.
Through these years several business transactions take place and soon the company expands its portfolio internationally.
VISION & VALUES OF WOODSIDE PETROLEUM
- Woodside Petroleum Limited values a strong partnership with local researchers, transparency of its environmental knowledge, sound science to back its approach and strong environmental risk support.
- The company’s vision is to be an industry leader and to offer its employees, communities and contractors a safe, reliable and healthy environment to work in. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index ranked the company in the top 7 percent of companies in this industry in 2018.
- During 2018 the company invested $ 12.7 million in strategic partnerships and donated $ 1.1 million through community grants and programs to philanthropy.
- The Woodside Development Fund contributed $ 1.8 million to improve early childhood development and $ 2.1 million was donated with the help of more than 40 percent of employees contributed volunteer hours to 57 schools and 73 organizations.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WOODSIDE PETROLEUM
- Woodside Petroleum Limited trades on the Australian Securities Exchange under the ASX stock symbol WPL.
- Data analysis for the company’s half year financial results for 2019 reports an operating revenue of $ 2,260 million. Net profit after tax is $ 419 million.
- Free cash flow for the reported period is $ 869 million, an increase of 123 percent. Liquidity is $ 5,281 million, a 36 percent increase. Interim dividends are 36 US cents per share.
- Potential investors can buy shares now at an affordable price.
Buy WOODSIDE PETROLEUM stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase WOODSIDE PETROLEUM Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WOODSIDE PETROLEUM Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WOODSIDE PETROLEUM STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WOODSIDE PETROLEUM STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WOODSIDE PETROLEUM stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WOODSIDE PETROLEUM stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?