WESTERN AREAS (WSA) Shares
ABOUT WESTERN AREAS
Western Areas Limited is a mining company. Its portfolio includes the exploration, mining, processing, development and marketing of high-quality nickel sulphide concentrate and other platinum group metals.
The company is the second largest sulphite nickel producer in Australia, supplying nearly 25 000 tonnes annually. It has several production assets and developments across Australia, Finland and Canada.
Forrestania is the company’s main asset. Its Spotted Quoll and Flying Fox mines supply some of the highest quality products at the most affordable prices in the world, while Cosmic Boy Concentrator treats the products.
In addition, Forrestania has an airstrip, nickel export facilities, a village that can accommodate 450 people, a water management network as well as grid connected power.
Western Areas Limited’s subsidiaries include BioHeap Limited, a company that specializes in bacterial oxidation of sulphite ores. The company is headquartered in West Pert, Australia.
OVERVIEW OF WESTERN AREAS
Western Areas is incorporated in 1999 and has its initial public offering on the Australian Securities Exchange in 2000. Its shares can be purchased at a price of 20 cents per share and US Dollar 5 million are raised.
By 2002 the company drills for high-grade nickel sulphide on a permanent basis at Forrestania.
In 2004 the Flying Fox mine developments are initiated.
The construction of Cosmic Boy is approved in 2006 and the first discoveries at Spotted Quoll is made in 2007.
Productions at Cosmic Boy starts in 2009 and both short- and long-term arrangements are formed.
The same year Western Areas starts an open pit mine development at Spotted Quoll and in 2010 its underground mining is approved. In 2010 the company declares payment on its first dividends. In 2012 the company buys Kagara Nickel assets, which adds Lounge Lizard to its portfolio.
The same year it receives top honours at the WA Industry & Export Awards. The company changes from a no liability to a limited company in 2013.
In 2015 it buys the Cosmos Nickel Complex and the Mill Recovery Enhancement Program is approved. In 2017 Kidman buys Western Areas Limited tenement rights.
VISION & VALUES OF WESTERN AREAS
- Western Areas Limited’s growth strategy includes new opportunities in exploration programs, potential acquisitions and pre-development programs.
- The company conducts business with high ethical standards, integrity and honesty. Western Areas Limited operates sustainably and responsibly. It ensures sound management, high performance and minimal risks are taken. The health and safety of its employees are one of its top priorities.
- The company is committed to minimising its environmental impact and supports the communities from which it operates.
- The company’s vision is to offer its high-quality products with excellent customer care and create high earnings for its shareholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WESTERN AREAS
- Western Areas Limited trades on the Australian Securities Exchange under the ASX stock symbol WSA.
- Data analysis for the company’s 2019 financial year, reports a revenue of US Dollar 268.7 million. EBITDA is US Dollar 80.8 million, and EBIT is US Dollar 20.6 million.
- Profit before tax is US Dollar 19.0 million. Net profit after tax is US Dollar 14.2 million. Net operating cash flow is US Dollar 98.3 million. Cash at bank is US Dollar 144.3 million.
- Current assets are US Dollar 189.7 million and total assets are US Dollar 596.5 million. Net equity is US Dollar 501.5 million.
Buy WESTERN AREAS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase WESTERN AREAS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WESTERN AREAS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WESTERN AREAS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WESTERN AREAS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WESTERN AREAS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WESTERN AREAS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?