WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS (WCG) Stocks
ABOUT WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS
? WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides health care services to children, individuals, families and seniors with complicated medical needs. The company works through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.
Partnered with governments and health care suppliers, it provides high quality services at an affordable price. WellCare Health Plans, Inc. acts as a holding company for WellCare, Exactus Pharmacy Solutions, HealthEase, Harmony, Staywell and ‘Ohana.
WellCare’s portfolio includes approximately 6.3 million members, 659 thousand health care partners and 13 thousand employees. Its headquarters is located in Tampa, Florida.
The company’s regional offices are located in Chicago, Houston, Baton Rouge, New Haven, Miami, New York and Marietta.
You might also like: WATERS STOCKS
HISTORY OF WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. is started in 1985 in Tampa, Florida. It provides Medicaid for the State of Florida. It is known as Medicare+Choice or Part C plans. After signing the Medicare Prescription Drug Improvement and Modernization Act in 2003, the company starts offering Medicare Advantage plans with prescription benefits.
- The company supplies Medicare for private health insurance plans in 1997.
- In 2004 WellCare Health Plans, Inc. starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
- During the next few years the company launches several new health plans for those suffering from mental illnesses, social difficulties, ailments, homelessness, hunger and chronic conditions.
- In the late 2012’s WellCare starts expanding with the purchase of smaller Medicare and Medicaid providers. In November 2012 it buys Easy Choice Health Plan in California.
- In February 2013 it buys the UnitedHealthcare’s South Carolina Medicaid business. Numerous more acquisitions take place during the next few years.
VISION & VALUES OF WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc.’s vision is to be a leader in its field of health care programs and to offer the best services to its customers. WellCares’ Advocacy and Community-Based Programs connect resources in the community. This improves health and lowers the price of health care. Members are linked to social services that include food banks, housing assistance, educational support, transportation, legal and employment services.
- The programs use data to identify need in the communities across 42 categories.
- The company supports the communities from which they operate with employee volunteerism and the WellCare Community Foundation. It is established as a private, non-profit foundation to assist underprivileged people.
- Since 2011 the Foundation has contributed more than US Dollar 825 000 to groups such as American Diabetes Association, the National Association on Mental Illnesses, the Children’s Home Society of Florida and the American Red Cross.
- Employees assist organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and Feeding America.
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. is an S&P 500 company. It is also on Fortune Magazine’s 2018 list of World’s Most Admired Companies.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS
- WellCare Health Plans, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “WCG”.
- Analysis data for the company’s second quarter ending June 30, 2019 reports a total revenue of US Dollar 7,010.1 million. GAAP net income is US Dollar 182.8 million (US Dollar 3.60 per diluted share), an increase from R151.6 million from the same period in 2018.
- Adjusted net income for the reported period is US Dollar 219.0 million (US Dollar 4.31 per share), an increase from US Dollar 166.9 million for the same period of 2018.
You might also like: W.W. GRAINGER STOCKS
LATEST NEWS WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS
Buy WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : VULCAN MATERIALS STOCKS