WATERS (WAT) Stocks
Waters Corporation, an American analytical instrument and software manufacturer, was incorporated on December 6, 1991 and has its headquarters in Milford, Massachusetts. The company designs, sells and services thermal analysis, rheometry and calorimetry instruments through its TA product line. These products are purchased by clients as part of the instrument systems.
Brands in Waters Corporation’s product portfolio include ACQUITY UPC² systems, ACQUITY UPLC systems, Xevo mass spectrometry systems, Synapt MS and –HDMS systems, XTerra HPLC columns, XBridge columns, ACQUITY UPLC columns, Alliance HPLC systems, as well as Empower chromatography and MassLynx mass spectrometry software, NuGenesis lab management systems and Oasis sample preparation products.
The company focuses on markets such as liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, supercritical fluid chromatography, laboratory informatics and microcalorimetry. It has manufacturing facilities in Milford, Taunton, Massachusetts; Wexford, Ireland; Wilmslow, England, and contract manufacturing in Singapore.
Waters Corporation derives most of its revenue from the life-science market that includes drug discovery and development, quality control and the emerging sciences of genomics, proteomics and bio-pharmaceuticals. Today, the company employs approximately 7 000 people.
You might also like: W.W. GRAINGER STOCKS
HISTORY OF WATERS
- Waters Corporation conducts its operations through two segments: Waters and TA. The Waters segment’s products include HPLC that identifies and analyses the constituent components of a variety of chemicals and other materials. It is also used to analyse substances for research and development purposes, quality control and process engineering applications.
- It also manufactures LC systems for the analysis of biologics, as well as an LC detector utilizing evaporative light scattering technology to expand the usage of LC to compounds that are not amenable to UV absorbance detection. The company also offers a range of MS instrument systems that use various combinations of quadrupole, time-of-flight (ToF) and ion mobility designs. These systems are used in drug discovery and development and environmental-, clinical- and nutritional safety testing.
- The TA segment measures the physical or thermodynamic characteristics of materials as a function of temperature. These are used in the production and characterization of materials in industries such as plastics, chemicals, automobiles, pharmaceuticals and electronics.
- Rheometry defines the flow properties of materials and measures their elasticity, viscosity and deformation under various types of loading or other conditions.
VISION & VALUES OF WATERS
- Waters Corporation’s mission is to ensure its customers’ success. It assists its customers to make profound discoveries that enable their success. The company strives to deliver product performance and meet the needs of its valuable clientele.
- It ascribes its success to honest business practices and adherence to values such as respect, integrity, accountability and innovation. The company also values its workforce.
- By delivering quality products it enables growth and adds value for shareholders who buy company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WATERS
- Waters Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “WAT”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- The company performs well in the market, which bodes well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
- For the fiscal year 2018, the company recorded sales of US$2.420 million, which is a 5% increase on the previous fiscal cycle. Its EPS for 2018 was $7.65 compared to $0.25 in 2017.
You might also like: VULCAN MATERIALS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS WATERS
Buy WATERS stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase WATERS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WATERS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WATERS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WATERS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WATERS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WATERS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : VORNADO REALTY TRUST STOCKS