Waste Connections Stocks
WASTE CONNECTIONS (WCN) Stocks
ABOUT WASTE CONNECTIONS
Waste Connections, Inc. is a waste collection company.
Its portfolio offers collection, recycling, transfer and disposal to several markets in the United States and Canada.
Additionally, the company provides rail haul movement services of solid waste containers and cargo in the Pacific Northwest area as well as specializes in non-hazardous production and exploration, recovery, waste treatment, disposal, E&P and other services in 42 countries across the United States through its subsidiary R360 Environmental Solutions.
The company serves from single family homes or special occasions to industrial locations and construction sites.
Waste Connections, Inc. employs more than 16 000 employees and is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas.
HISTORY OF WASTE CONNECTIONS
- In 1997 Waste Connections is founded in Washington and Idaho. The company expands quickly and has its initial public offering in 1998.
- During the next couple of years, the company expands to California and the western areas of the United States. By 2011 it operates in 32 of the 50 states in the United States. Its headquarters is moved to Houston, Texas.
- The company buys an oil industry specialist in Texas, R360 Environmental Solutions in 2012.
- In 2016 it buys Progressive Waste Services for a price of $ 2.67 billion. Shareholders of Waste Connections, Inc. receives 70 percent of Progressive Waste Services.
- The new company is later renamed Waste Connections of Canada.
- In 2017 a private company in Illinois, Groot Industries, is purchased for a price of $ 400 million.
VISION & VALUES OF WASTE CONNECTIONS
- Waste Connections, Inc. Values its commitments and honors its word.
- High earnings are created for shareholders and customers are offered expert advice and services.
- The company’s vision is to be the premier waste services company and to increase value for shareholders and customers.
- The company’s vision for the future is to create a sustainable environment.
- It values the safety of its employees and has been voted a great place to work.
- The company acts with integrity and high ethical standards.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WASTE CONNECTIONS
- Waste Connections, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol WCN.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 13,145,772 thousand. Cash and equivalents are $ 209,209 thousand.
- Revenues are $ 1,369,639 thousand. Operating income is $ 222,134 thousand. Net income is $ 148,839 thousand.
- Basic earnings are $ 0.56 per common share and diluted earnings are $ 0.56 per common share.
- Cash dividends are $ 0.16 per common share.