WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY (SOL) Shares
ABOUT WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY
Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited (WHSP) is an investment holding company with investments in a diverse portfolio of assets across a range of industries.
The company was founded in 1872, when Caleb Soul and his son Washington opened their first store in Sydney, trading as Washington H. Soul and Co. Lewy Pattinson emigrated to Australia after hearing of Soul’s success and in the early 1900s Pattinson and Co. bought out Washington H. Soul and Co. and the business became Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited.
WHSP celebrated one hundred years as a listed public company in 2002 and its headquarters are still in Sydney.
Today its investment portfolio includes natural resources, building materials, telecommunications, retail, agriculture, property equity, investments and corporate advisory.
OVERVIEW OF WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY
- Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited’s activities are diverse, it is engaged in coal, oil, and gas activities, which include exploration, development, production, processing, associated transport infrastructure, coal mining, gold and copper mining and refining, property investment and consulting.
- In addition, it invests in equities, properties, loans, cash, and term deposits.
- It operates with five segments: investing activities, energy, copper and gold operations, corporate advisory and property. Its investment segment invests in cash, term deposits and equity investments, the energy segment is engaged in coal, oil and gas activities, the copper and gold operations segment are involved in copper and gold mining activities and the corporate advisory segment provides corporate advisory services.
- The property segment is involved in property investment activities.
VISION & VALUES OF WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY
- Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited is committed to the highest standards and vows to adhere to a set of core values and behaviours that underpin the group’s activities. It ensures transparency, fair dealing and protection of the interests of all stakeholders.
- The company is committed to complying with all applicable regulations and to delivering strong returns and shareholder value.
- The company is committed to acting ethically and responsibly in its dealings with third parties. Its Code of Conduct is designed and spells out all practices which are necessary to maintain confidence in the company’s integrity.
- Washington H. Soul Pattinson & Company Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of customers are met and aims to maximise returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY
- Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol SOL, listed in the Energy sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance in 2019 include revenue from continuing operations that increased with 31.6% to US Dollar 723,289 million.
- Regular profit after tax attributable to members is up 12.2% to US Dollar 186,694 million. Net Income was US Dollar 247.94 million and Total Assets US Dollar 5,877.22 million with Total Liabilities at US Dollar 1,365.75 million.
- Due to Washington H. Soul Pattinson & Company Limited’s continued performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy WASHINGTON H. SOUL PATTINSON AND COMPANY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?