VERISIGN (VRSN) Stocks
VeriSign Inc. is a domain name registry and internet infrastructure company. It offers its services across the globe and its portfolio includes the operating of two of the thirteen global internet root services.
Authoritative registry services are provided for more than 154 million .com, .net and .name domains. VeriSign enables security and stability for internet infrastructures.
Its services are offered to service providers, website owners, electronic “e” commerce, communication services providers as well as secure digital commerce and communications.
VeriSign Inc.’s headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. The company employs approximately 950 people and processes an estimated 154.8 million transactions every day.
HISTORY OF VERISIGN
- In 1995 VeriSign is founded by James Bidzos. The company is created as a private company spin-off from RSA Data Security, Inc. The company serves as a certificate authority (CA) and its main purpose is to use its digital authentication services to provide trust and security for the Internet and Electronic Commerce.
- On January 29, 1998 VeriSign is listed as a public company.
- In 1999 the company buys Signio Inc. for a price of US Dollar 800 million. The same year it buys a South African company, Thawte Consulting, for a price of US Dollar 575 million.
- The company buys Network Solutions in 2000 for US Dollar 21 million, which operates the .net, .com and .org domains. Illuminet Holdings is purchased in 2001 for US Dollar 1.2 billion. More acquisitions follow and the company expands its portfolio considerably.
VeriSign has approximately three million certificates in operation by 2010. It serves retail applications, military and financial services, just to name a few. VeriSign is the world’s largest CA at this time.
- On August 9, 2010 Symantec purchases VeriSign’s authentication business for a price of US Dollar 1.28 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF VERISIGN
- VeriSign Inc.’s mission is to provide a reliable, secure and safe Internet infrastructure across the globe. The company’s core values are followed to ensure its performance when it comes to its responsibilities. As billions of people in the world depend on VeriSign, it ensures that trust is earned and that its actions create value for shareholders.
- With VeriSign Cares, the company is making a positive impact in its community. VeriSign employees are encouraged to volunteer with its VeriSign Volunteer Program. Employees also donate to almost 400 different non-profit organizations world-wide. With matching gifts, the company maximises donations and up to US Dollar 1 500 are matched each year.
- VeriSign Inc. is committed to its environment and acts responsibly. To protect and preserve the environment the company is lowering its carbon footprint and waste production. Actions are taken to operate efficiently while providing a safe and healthy work environment.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF VERISIGN
- VeriSign Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “VRSN”.
- Analysis data for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports revenues of US Dollar 306,289 thousand. Net income is US Dollar 310,061 thousand and its total current assets are US Dollar 1,295,382 thousand.
- A total of US Dollar 180,230 thousand in common stocks are repurchased in the reported period. Cash and cash equivalents are US Dollar 751,580 and net cash provided by operating activities is US Dollar 352,175 thousand.
- The forecast for VeriSign Inc. shows positive earnings as the company’s stocks have outperformed the market for 2019 so far.
LATEST NEWS VERISIGN
Buy VERISIGN stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase VERISIGN Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy VERISIGN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN VERISIGN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE VERISIGN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of VERISIGN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy VERISIGN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?