UNITEDHEALTH GROUP (UNH) Stocks
ABOUT UNITEDHEALTH GROUP
UnitedHealth Group Inc., a health-care company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota, in the United States, was founded in 1977. The company offers insurance services and health-care products to its wide clientele.
It is one of the biggest U.S corporations by total revenue, and the largest health-care company in the world. Through its subsidiaries, the company serves approximately 115 million clients.
The company conducts its business through four divisions: UnitedHealthcare, OptumHealth, OptumInsight and OptumRx. It also operates through two business platforms: health benefits (under UnitedHealtcare) and health services (under Optum).
UnitedHealthcare offers health-care benefits to a wide range of customers, comprising of UnitedHealthcare Employer and Individual, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement, UnitedHealthcare Community & State, and UnitedHealtcare Global businesses.
Optum serves the health-care marketplace comprising of care providers, employers, governments, life-sciences companies and consumers. Optum operates through its OptumHealth, OptumInsight and OptumRx buisinesses.
Optum was established in 2011 to unify the company’s health services business. The brand is technology-focused and develops tools supporting insurance transparency and incentives healthy patient lifestyles.
Today, UnitedHealth Group, Inc. employs approximately 300 000 people globally.
You might also like: BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF UNITEDHEALTH GROUP
- The UnitedHealthcare Employer and Individual segment’s TRICARE program focuses on access to medical services for more than 30 million people. Its risk-based product offerings assume the risk of both medical and administrative costs for its customers, in return for a monthly premium per individual. It has partnerships with network care providers that integrate analytics and data, and implement value-based payments and care management programs.
- It offers its products through licensed affiliates such as insurance companies, health maintenance organizations and third-party administrators.
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement provides health services and health-care coverage to people – 50 years and older – which focus on their needs for preventative and acute health-care services, as well as chronic disease and other specialized issues.
- UnitedHealthcare Community & State offers Medicaid expansion programs in 15 U.S. states, designed to address the needs of the populations they serve, including the chronically ill. It coordinates resources among physicians, other health-care providers, and government and community-based organizations to facilitate continuous care.
- UnitedHealthcare Global operates in international markets by means of national in-country and cross-border strategic approaches. It provides health-care benefits, care management and care delivery to global employers, governments and individuals, principally in Brazil but also to 125 other countries.
VALUES OF UNITEDHEALTH GROUP
- UnitedHealth Group’s mission is to enable people to live healthier lives by improving the health-care system for everyone worldwide.
- The company collaborate with health-care professionals and strategic partners to improve access to health care at affordable prices. It empowers people with the information and tools necessary to make informed health choices and decisions. The company is a firm believer in honouring commitments and uncompromised ethics.
- The values, which form the core of its operations, include integrity, compassion, innovation, excellent performance, and respecting all relationships. The company also believes in loyalty and honesty, and to speak the truth at all times.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF UNITEDHEALTH GROUP
- UnitedHealth Group Inc. was the biggest global health-care company by revenue in 2018 (USUS Dollar 226.2 billion). It ranked #5 on the 2018 Fortune 500 lists of largest U.S. corporations by total revenue.
- The group trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “UNH”.
- The company’s sound financials boost investor confidence, as shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, can expect sound dividends and returns. In 2018, the group reported earnings of USUS Dollar 11.98 billion with annual revenue of USUS Dollar 54.31 billion. It assets for the same period were valued at USUS Dollar 152.2 billion.
You might also like: BOSTON SCIENTIFIC STOCKS
LATEST NEWS UNITEDHEALTH GROUP
Buy UNITEDHEALTH GROUP stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase UNITEDHEALTH GROUP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy UNITEDHEALTH GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN UNITEDHEALTH GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE UNITEDHEALTH GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of UNITEDHEALTH GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy UNITEDHEALTH GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BOOKING HOLDINGS STOCKS