UNITE GROUP PLC (UTG) Shares
ABOUT UNITE GROUP PLC
Unite Group plc or Unite Students, provides purpose built student accommodation across the United Kingdom.
Unite Students is the trading name for The Unite Group Public Limited Company (PLC) a London Stock Exchange listed real estate investment trust.
Its headquarters are in Bristol, United Kingdom, where it was founded by Nicholas Porter in 1991.
He recognised a growing demand for student accommodation and in 1998 Unite opened its first properties in London.
Unite Group converted to a real estate investment trust in 2017.
OVERVIEW OF UNITE GROUP PLC
- Unite Group plc provides residential accommodation to around 50 000 students in about 140 buildings across 22 leading university towns and cities in the UK. During the last academic year, they have opened seven new properties in Newcastle, Bristol, Portsmouth, Durham, Sheffield and Birmingham, creating more than 3 000 beds for students.
- They plan to expand the number of beds by over 6 000 over the next three years and about 1 400 people are committed to providing a home for a population of diverse students.
- They have developed strong partnerships with more than 60 of the best higher education institutions across the UK which guarantees that around 60% of their rooms are let under multi-year, ‘nomination agreements’, giving them high visibility and rental growth certainty over half of their revenue.
- They also invest in and operate two specialist funds and joint ventures with institutional investment partners.
VISION & VALUES OF UNITE GROUP PLC
- Unite Group plc is committed to openness and transparency and follows the principles of best practice as set out in the UK Corporate Governance Code.
- Their service, people and great properties are all designed around detailed research-based student insight, providing a tailored service for students.
- They choose locations close to university campuses, city centre amenities and transport links. Students pay one bill that covers all costs, from Wi-Fi and utilities to 24-hour security and purpose-built study areas allow students to excel in their studies.
- They have introduced many features that are now accepted as the norm and were the first private accommodation provider to move to an app-based property maintenance and communications system.
- The group’s engagement in the sector, as well as their customer insight, has inspired their values ensure the entire group works as one to not only meet the current and future needs of their customers but also maximise total return, income growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF UNITE GROUP PLC
- Unite Group plc’s shares are traded on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) under the stock symbol “UTG”.
- For 2019 the group recorded £ 128.3 million revenue, £163.5 million operating income and net income of £237.3 million.
- This sustained performance in the market gives shareholders confidence to buy or sell shares and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy UNITE GROUP PLC stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase UNITE GROUP PLC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy UNITE GROUP PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN UNITE GROUP PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE UNITE GROUP PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of UNITE GROUP PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy UNITE GROUP PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?