U.S. BANCORP (USB) Stocks
ABOUT U.S. BANCORP
? U.S. Bancorp is a bank holding company and one of the top ten largest banks in the United States. The company’s portfolio includes investing, banking, mortgage, payment and trust services for both commercial and corporate customers. As of the 31st of December 2018, the company has $467 billion in assets.
? U.S. Bancorp’s headquarters is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company employs approximately 74 000 people. The company has more than 3 000 branches across the United States. Banking offices are located in Minnesota, Washington, North Dakota, Oregon, Colorado, Idaho, Utah and Kansas, just to name a few.
You might also like: TRAVELERS COMPANIES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF U.S. BANCORP
- The First National Bank of Cincinnati opens in 1863 and later changes its name to the United States National Bank. It merges with Ainsworth National Bank of Portland in 1902. The names stays United States National Bank.
- In 1986 the bank buys Valley National Corporation and its subsidiary, Valley National Bank of Forest Grove, for a price of $13.7 million in stock.
- From there the company expands its portfolio impressively to other countries and purchases numerous banks and corporations that provide the opportunity to be the successful bank that it is today. The company’s name is changed to U.S. Bancorp in 2001.
VISION & VALUES OF U.S. BANCORP
- U.S. Bancorp uses its Corporate Giving and U.S. Bank Foundation programs to fund communities in need. Funding given by these programs reaches $57 million in 2018. Through the U.S. Bank Foundation, the company invests resources, passion and time to the communities from which it operates. Employee donations of either cash or stock from the amount of $50 up to $3 000 to non-profit organizations are matched by U.S. Bank Foundation. Grant funding and matching gifts to the amount of $25 million is donated. Corporate Gifting contributes $32 million to non-profit organizations.
- More than $20.5 billion is invested in environmentally beneficial businesses as the company values the planet, communities and the future. New technologies, products and partnerships, as well as sustainable businesses that support and protect natural resources are all part of the sustainability responsibility of the company.
- U.S. Bancorp is named on the Ethisphere Institute’s list of World’s Most Ethical Companies for five consecutive years.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF U.S. BANCORP
- U.S. Bancorp trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol USB.
- The first quarter 2019 analysis data shows net revenues of $5,577 million. Net income is $1,699 million. Net interest income increased with 2.9 percent. Average total loans increased with 0.9 percent. A total of 77 percent of first quarter earnings are returned to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends. Based on the forecast for U.S. Bancorp, long-term increases are predicted and potential investor can buy shares now.
You might also like: TJX COMPANIES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS U.S. BANCORP
Buy U.S. BANCORP stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase U.S. BANCORP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy U.S. BANCORP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN U.S. BANCORP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE U.S. BANCORP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of U.S. BANCORP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy U.S. BANCORP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ZOETIS STOCKS