TRAVELERS COMPANIES (TRV) Stocks
ABOUT TRAVELERS COMPANIES
? Travelers Companies, Inc. is a leading insurance company with a reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers. Travelers Companies’ portfolio includes home, automobile and business insurance. Several coverage deals are offered through brokers and independent agents.
The company has approximately 13 500 independent agents and brokers, and employs an estimated 30 000 people is its numerous businesses across the United States, Ireland, Brazil, the United Kingdom and Canada.
You might also like: TJX COMPANIES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF TRAVELERS COMPANIES
- Travelers Companies are founded in 1864 by James Batterson. The company provides accident insurance services for travellers. In 1889 liability insurance is established that is known today as workers compensation. Automobile insurance is offered in 1897.
- In 1919 aircraft liability insurance and full aviation programs are offered and a few years later a weather research center is established.
- In 1969 accident policies for lunar exploration and space flight are offered. The 1990’s sees the company issuing several policies, including a policy to protect clients that uses personal computers for online banking. In 1993 Primerica buys Travelers Companies and it becomes
- The Travelers Group in 1995. Travelers Companies merge with The St. Paul Companies, Inc. and become The St. Paul Travelers Companies, Inc. The company changes its name to The Travelers Companies, Inc. in February 2007. Travelers Companies purchase several businesses during the years and the company quickly expands. The company buys Simply Business in the United Kingdom for a price of US Dollar 490 million in March 2017.
VALUES OF TRAVELERS COMPANIES
- With the help of Travelers Foundation and volunteer efforts, the company contributes with the developing of neighbourhoods and communities. During these last years, a total of US Dollar 218 million were donated in gifts to provide opportunities in local communities for education and career success.
- Travelers Companies receive numerous awards and recognitions yearly. The company is listed as a Fortune 500 company since 1995, one of Fortune’s Word’s Most Admired Companies since 2006, as well as listed on Barron’s 500 from 2008 – 2017.
- Travelers Companies is also listed on the FTSE4Good Index Series since 2001. Forbes put Travelers Companies on its list of America’s Most Just Companies in 2019, and recognise the company as one of America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers for Diversity and America’s Best Employers for Women. U.S. Veterans Magazine recognises the company as one of the Top Veteran-Friendly Companies.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF TRAVELERS COMPANIES
- Travelers Companies trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol TRV.
- Analysis data for Travelers Companies first quarter of 2019 reports a net income of US Dollar 796 million, a growth of 19 percent, and a core income of US Dollar 755 million, an 11 percent growth.
- Total revenues are US Dollar 7,671 million. A total of US Dollar 625 million is returned to shareholders, this include share repurchases of US Dollar 421 million. Travelers Companies’ book value per share is US Dollar 92.94, a growth of 7 percent. Cash dividends are paid regularly to common stockholders.
You might also like: ZOETIS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS TRAVELERS COMPANIES
Buy TRAVELERS COMPANIES stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase TRAVELERS COMPANIES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy TRAVELERS COMPANIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN TRAVELERS COMPANIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE TRAVELERS COMPANIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of TRAVELERS COMPANIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy TRAVELERS COMPANIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE STOCKS