TJX COMPANIES (TJX) Stocks
ABOUT TJX COMPANIES
? TJX Companies, Inc., a multinational off-price department store corporation, was founded in 1957 and is headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, in the United States.
The company had its origin in the original Zayre Corp. that was established in 1956. Once it had sold off the “Zayre” name, TJX comprises of its one core remaining store brand, T.J. Maxx. In 1990, the company expanded into an additional store brand division and went international.
TJX Companies, Inc. is a leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer and is ranked #85 among Fortune 500 companies. The company has more than 4 300 stores in nine countries where customers can purchase its goods. It also has three e-commerce sites and more than 270 000 associates.
Its U.S. subsidiaries include T.J. Maxx and Marshalls (Marmaxx), HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesensa, as well as its online pages tjmaxx.com and sierra.com. Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls operate in Cannad. T.K Maxx serves the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria, Netherlands and Australia markets. The company’s subsidiary in the U.K and Ireland is Homesense.
Today, the company employs approximately 270 000 people worldwide.
OVERVIEW OF TJX COMPANIES
- TJX Companies, Inc.’s products portfolio comprises clothing, footwear, bedding, food, furniture, jewellery, housewares and beauty products.
- The company operates through four divisions: Marmaxx, HomeGoods, TJX Canada and TJX International.
- Marmaxx operates in the U.S. and comprises of two chains, T.J. Maxx and Marshalls, which are differentiated through its product assortment. For example, T.J. Maxx offers a designer jewellery collection called The Runway, while Marshalls specializes in a line of footwear and a men’s offering. It also has a juniors department called The Cube.
- The company’s TJX Canada chains include Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls Winners is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in Canada. TJX operate about 106 HomeSense and 57 Marshalls stores in Canada.
- The TJX International division operates the T.K. Mazz and HomeSense chains in Europe. T.K Maxx offers products similar to those of T.J. Maxx. The company boasts a portfolio of 503 stores in Europe.
VALUES OF TJX COMPANIES
- TJX Companies, Inc. is focused on driving profitable sales through sharp execution of the fundamentals of its sound business model.
- The company is passionate about delivering real value for its clients and stakeholders. It is proud to offer high quality, fashionable designer merchandise at amazing value. It invests in communities and is mindful of its impact on the environment. Operating with high ethical standards is at the centre of the company’s corporate responsibility efforts. The company’s core values of honesty, integrity, dignity and respect are reflected in all of its endeavours.
- It constantly seeks for ways to better understand how it can make an even bigger impact on the future and the lives of its clients and stakeholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF TJX COMPANIES
- TJX Companies, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “TJX”.
- In 2018, the company recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 38,937 billion, with net income of USUS Dollar 3.060 billion, and total assets valued at USUS Dollar 14.326 billion. Its total equity was USUS Dollar 5.05 billion. Shareholders, who buy or sell company shares, can expect solid dividends and returns on their investment.
LATEST NEWS TJX
Buy TJX COMPANIES stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase TJX COMPANIES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy TJX COMPANIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN TJX COMPANIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE TJX COMPANIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of TJX COMPANIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy TJX COMPANIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?