Tiffany & Co.
TIFFANY & CO. (TIF) Stocks
ABOUT TIFFANY & CO
Tiffany & Co. is a holding company that operates through its subsidiaries such as Tiffany and Company.
Tiffany & Co. is well-known for the luxury items that it offers. The company’s portfolio includes product design, manufacturing and retailing of accessories, timepieces, fragrances, leather goods and high-end jewellery, which account for 92 percent of its net sales globally.
Tiffany & CO.’s headquarters is in New York City. The company employs approximately 14 200 people in its 300 stores around the world.
You might also like: GAP STOCKS
HISTORY OF TIFFANY & CO
- Tiffany, Young and Ellis is founded in 1837 by Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young. It sells stationary products and other goods in Brooklynn, Connecticut.
- In 1853 the name is shortened to Tiffany and Company and its starts focusing more on jewelry.
- In 1845 the company distributes its first mail order catalog named the Blue Book. During the Civil War, Tiffany supplies swords, surgical implements and flags to the Union Army. The company is incorporated in 1868.
- A new store is built in 1870 in Manhattan valued at $500 000. The New York Times describes it as a “palace of jewels”.
- In 1887 Tiffany purchases the French Crown Jewels and the company gains great popularity. Avon Products, Inc. buys Tiffany & Co. for a price of $104 million. Later an investor group buys Tiffany for a price of $135.5 million.
- Tiffany & Co. goes public in 1987 and raises approximately $103.5 million for its 4.5 million shares.
- In 2000 the Tiffany & Co. Foundation is established to assist non-profit organizations that contributes to the environment and the arts.
VISION & VALUES OF TIFFANY & CO
- Tiffany & Co. values its responsibilities to communities and has a proud history of supporting non-profit organizations. The company protects pristine landscapes such as Yellowstone National Park and Bristol Bay from the destructive effects of mining and support the protection of human rights in Angola and Zimbabwe.
- From its founding is 2000, the Tiffany & Co. Foundation has contributed more than $75 million to non-profit organizations. The Tiffany & Co. Foundation supports organizations that is dedicated to conserving natural resources, especially those who focuses on coral and marine conservation and responsible mining.
- The foundations values the ocean and realizes what an important role corals have in the ecosystems. It encourages and promotes awareness and education on the importance of the ecosystem through outreach to consumers and marine tourism. The foundation also encourages and supports environmental sustainability through protection of landscapes from the impacts of mining.
- The company is committed to reducing energy consumption and greenhouse emissions. It pledges to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The popular Tiffany Blue Boxes are now made from sustainable and recycled materials.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF TIFFANY & CO
- Tiffany & Co. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “TIF”.
- Analysis data for the company’s quarterly period ending April 30, 2019 reports total assets of $6,275.7 million. Net sales are $1,003.1 million and net earnings are $125.2 million. Gross profit for the reported period is $619.2 million. Cash dividends paid on common stock are $66.7 million.
You might also like: TEXTRON STOCKS
LATEST NEWS TIFFANY & CO
Buy TIFFANY & CO. stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase TIFFANY & CO. Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy TIFFANY & CO. Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN TIFFANY & CO. STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE TIFFANY & CO. STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of TIFFANY & CO. stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy TIFFANY & CO. stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : TELEFLEX STOCKS