TELSTRA (TLS) Shares
Telstra Corporation Limited is a domestic and international telecommunications provider for Australia that provides telephone exchange lines to homes and businesses, supplying local, long distance and international telephone calls and supplying mobile telecommunications services. It also provides data, internet, online services and directory services.
Telstra Corporation Limited was founded in 1901 but was formerly known as Australian and Overseas Telecommunications Corporation Limited before it changed its name to Telstra Corporation Limited in 1993. It is based in Melbourne, Australia.
OVERVIEW OF TELSTRA
- Telstra Corporation Limited’s principal activity is to provide telecommunications and information services for domestic and international customers. The company operates through four segments.
- The Retail segment provides telecommunication products, services and solutions across mobiles, fixed and mobile broadband, telephony and television and digital content. The Global Enterprise and Services segment provides sales and contract management for business and government customers.
- The Operations segment offers planning, design, engineering and architecture and construction of networks, technology and information technology solution.
- The Wholesale segment provides telecommunication products and services delivered over Telstra networks and associated support systems.
- In addition, the company is involved in the development of industry solutions; planning, design, engineering architecture, and construction of networks, technology, and information solutions; and delivering network technologies.
VISION & VALUES OF TELSTRA
- Telstra Corporation Limited ‘s activities have a significant social and community impact; hence cyber safety is one of the key pillars its strategy.
- They want to ensure that consumers are equipped with the knowledge, confidence and skills to have a positive experience in the digital world. Addressing the cyber safety challenge the company helps to get senior citizens online and connected and are committed to making communication accessible and affordable for customers with communication challenges.
- The company’s reconciliation action plan is about harnessing the strengths of the organisation to build digital futures with indigenous peoples, providing employment and opportunities to lift economic participation, and creating a culturally responsive and engaged organisation.
- Telstra Corporation Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of customers are met and aims to maximise returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF TELSTRA
- Telstra Corporation Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol TLS, listed in the Telecommunication Services sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance in 2019 include results in line with guidance and market expectations. Total Income decreased 3.6 per cent to US Dollar 27.8 billion, EBITDA decreased 21.7 per cent to US Dollar 8.0 billion, and NPAT decreased 39.6 per cent to US Dollar 2.1 billion.
- Due to Telstra Corporation Limited’s continued overall performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy TELSTRA stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase TELSTRA Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy TELSTRA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN TELSTRA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE TELSTRA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of TELSTRA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy TELSTRA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?