TASSAL GROUP (TGR) Shares
ABOUT TASSAL GROUP
Tassal Group Limited is a Tasmanian-based Australian salmon farming company founded in 1986.
It has been listed on the Australian Securities Exchange since 2003. It is the largest producer of Tasmanian grown Atlantic salmon in the world, supplying salmon and ocean trout to both domestic and international markets. Its subsidiaries include Tassal Operations Pty Ltd and Aquatas Pty Ltd.
Tassal Group harvests more than 20 000 tonnes of salmon per annum, which is approximately 70% of Australia’s entire Atlantic salmon production. The company is based in Tasmania, with marketing offices in Melbourne, Victoria.
Its products are marketed under the Royal Tasman Salmon brand and distributed mainly in Australia and Japan but also to other international markets.
OVERVIEW OF TASSAL GROUP
- Tassal Group Limited employs more than 1 200 people. It operates three hatcheries with the capacity to produce ten million smolt from brood stock from a selective breeding programme per year.
- Its Rookwood Road Hatchery and Nursery were expanded in 2016 to make it the biggest land-based salmon nursery in Australia. After 8 to 12 months at the nursery the smolt are transferred to sea.
- The company has six marine regions with a volume of 11 600 cubic meters that holds enough salmon to produce 120 tons when harvested. Salmon are kept here in large sea cages for 12–18 months to grow until they can be harvested.
- Tassal has several processing facilities including a smokehouse, a retail outlet and a mobile Salmon truck.
VISION & VALUES OF TASSAL GROUP
- Tassal Group Limited focuses on sustainability as basis for programmes developed around food safety, environmental management, fish welfare and quality.
- They see responsible aquaculture as an important part of the future solution which, through well managed salmon farming, can meet the growing demand and produce a higher quality product.
- Salmon farming has one of the lowest carbon footprints with much lower greenhouse gas emissions than land-based protein production since salmon are cold blooded and live in water, using far less energy than farmed land animals.
- All harvested salmon are independently assessed and certified so that consumers can be confident that the Tassal salmon they are eating has been raised by an environmentally and socially responsible company.
- Tassal Group Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of customers are met and aims to maximise returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF TASSAL GROUP
- Tassal Group Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol TGR, listed in the Consumer Staples sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance in 2019 include Revenue of US Dollar 551.34 million, Net Income of US Dollar 58.44 million (profit margin 10.60%) and Total Assets of US Dollar 1,083.53 million. Total Liabilities were worth US Dollar 449.68 million.
- Due to Tassal Group Limited’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy TASSAL GROUP stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase TASSAL GROUP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy TASSAL GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN TASSAL GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE TASSAL GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of TASSAL GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy TASSAL GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?