SYNOPSYS (SNPS) Stocks
Synopsys Inc. is a public computer integrated systems design company. Its technology is used in the heart of innovations that change the way people across the world work and live. Innovations include smart medical devices, autonomous cars, machine learning, wearables and secure financial services. A modern world where devices are getting smarter, everything is connected and all must be secure.
Synopsys Inc. is at the forefront of the remarkable software that drives the advanced silicon chips which power this new era of technology. The company has the most advanced tools in the world for verification, IP integration, silicon chip design and application security testing.
Its first and most well-known product is the logic-synthesis tool, Design Compiler. The company offers other products used in application-specific integrated circuit designs. These products include behavioral synthesis, static timing analysis, hardware description language (SystemC, VHDL, System Verilog/Verilog) simulators, logic synthesis, transistor-level circuit simulation as well as place and route.
Debugging and development environments are included in the simulators. The company has entered the application security market in recent years. Synopsys Inc. operates in three business segments: Silicon Design and Verification, Silicon Intellectual Property and Software Integrity.
The company’s history dates back to 1986 when it was founded. It has offices around the world and its headquarters is in Mountain View, California. Today it has approximately 13 000 employees. Its subsidiaries include Coverity, Synplicity, Black Duck Software, Protecode, Atrenta Inc., Nassda, Sonic Focus and CiraNova.
HISTORY OF SYNOPSYS
- The company is founded in 1986 under the name Optimal Solutions by Aart J. de Geus and engineers from General Electric’s Microelectronics Center in North Carolina. It develops and markets synthesis technology.
- In 1994 Synopsys Inc. buys Cadis, Aachen, Germany – acquiring the DSP design tool suit COSSAP and communication systems. The company buys Viewlogic Systems, Inc. and EPIC Design Technology Inc. in 1997.
- In 2002 it merges with Avanti Corporation and acquires Co-Design Automation, Inc. and inSilicon Inc.
- It acquires Numerical Technologies, Inc. in 2003 for the price of US Dollar 250 million in cash.
- In 2004 Synopsys Inc. buys Accelerant Networks, Cascade Semiconductor Solutions Inc. and Integrated Systems Engineering AG(ISE). Creator of virtual platforms for embedded software development, Virtio Corporation, is bought in 2006. The following year ArchPro Design Automation Inc. and Sandwork Design is bought.
- In 2010 the company buys Coware Inc., Synfora Inc., Optical Research Associates and VaST Systems Technology Corporation. Many more acquisitions follow over the next few years and in 2018 the company expands photonic design solution when it buys PhoeniX Software.
VISION & VALUES OF SYNOPSYS
- The company values integrity very strongly and it is the basis for everything the company does. Synopsys Inc. has established trust and earned respect of its shareholders, partners, communities, customers and employees by doing what it says and saying what it does.
- The company’s social responsibility delivers environmental, social and economic benefits for its stakeholders by putting its values into action.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SYNOPSYS
- Synopsys Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “SNPS”. It is a NASDAQ-100 and S&P 500 component.
- In 2018 the company’s revenue is US Dollar 3.121 billion and its net income US Dollar 432.5 million. In May 2019 Synopsys Inc. reports its results for its second quarter of fiscal year 2019.
- Revenue is US Dollar 836.2 million, compared to US Dollar 776.8 million for the same period in 2018 – an increase of approximately 7.6 percent.
LATEST NEWS SYNOPSYS
Buy SYNOPSYS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SYNOPSYS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SYNOPSYS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SYNOPSYS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SYNOPSYS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SYNOPSYS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SYNOPSYS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?