SVB FINANCIAL GROUP (SIVB) Stocks
ABOUT SVB FINANCIAL GROUP
? SVB Financial Group, a diversified financial services and bank holding company, was founded in 1983 and has its headquarters in Santa Clara, California in the United States. The company provides diversified financial services to emerging and established technology companies as well as the life-science, clean-tech, venture capital, private equity and premium wine markets.
SVB Financial Group – through its subsidiaries – offers an extensive portfolio of banking and financial products and services to clients in the U.S. as well as in key international markets. It also offers non-banking products and services such as fund management and business valuation services.
At the end of 2016, the company’s investment securities totalled USUS Dollar 21.7 billion and its total loans, net of unearned income, was USUS Dollar 19.9 billion.
SVB Financial Group is the parent company to Silicon Valley Bank that has been instrumental in the technology, life science and premium winery industries for over 30 years. The company provides commercial international and private banking services through 34 locations worldwide. Silicon Valley Bank is ranked among the U.S.’s Best Banks by Forbes Magazine. The bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System.
Today, the company employs more than 2 900 people across its various operations.
HISTORY OF SVB FINANCIAL GROUP
- SVB Financial Group conducts its operations through three segments: Global Commercial Bank, SVB Private Bank and SVB Capital. The company’s principal subsidiary is Silicon Valley Bank.
- The Global Commercial Bank segment comprises the operations of its Commercial Bank as well as that of SVB Wine, SVB Analytics and the company’s Debt Fund Investments. The bank offers products and services to clients in the technology, life-science/healthcare and private equity/venture capital industries.
- It also offers financial solutions through credit, global treasury management, foreign exchange, global trade finance and other services. Its credit products and services include traditional term loans, equipment loans, asset-based loans, revolving lines of credit and capital call lines of credit and credit cards.
- SVB Private Bank is the private banking division of the company and offers a range of personal financial solutions to a clientele comprising of private equity/venture capital professionals.
- Its portfolio of private banking services includes mortgages, home equity lines of credit, restricted stock purchase loans, capital lines of credit as well as secured and unsecured lending.
- SVB Private Bank also includes SVB Wealth Advisory, and investment advisory subsidiary that provides wealth management services to high-end clients.
VISION & VALUES OF SVB FINANCIAL GROUP
- SVB Financial Group is passionate about changing lives by enabling people to secure their financial future. It cares about the communities in which it works through corporate giving, employee volunteering and environmental sustainability programs.
- The company cares about people – employees, partners and stakeholders alike. Its business operations are deeply rooted in values such as inclusion, diversity, innovation, integrity and collaboration.
- These values enforce the company’s reputation for stellar products and services and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SVB FINANCIAL GROUP
- SVB Financial Group trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “SIVB”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
The company’s solid performance on the market affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
- For the second quarter of 2019 it recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 0.920 billion, a 36.43% increase year-over-year. Its total revenue for the 12 months ending June 30, 2019 was USUS Dollar 3,204 billion, a 35.57% increase over the previous fiscal cycle.
LATEST NEWS SVB FINANCIAL GROUP
Buy SVB FINANCIAL GROUP stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SVB FINANCIAL GROUP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SVB FINANCIAL GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SVB FINANCIAL GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SVB FINANCIAL GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SVB FINANCIAL GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SVB FINANCIAL GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?