SUPER GROUP (SPG) Shares
ABOUT SUPER GROUP
Super Group Limited, a broad-based supply-chain management company, has a history that can be traced back to 1986, and is based in South Africa. The company focuses on the transport logistics industry. It offers supply chain solutions, fleet management and dealership services.
Super Group Limited conducts operations throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The company operates through several business divisions: FleetAfrica, Supply Chain Africa, SG Fleet, Supply Chain Europe, Dealerships South African and Dealerships Europe. The company has a strong IT focus and technology foundation.
Today, the company’s shares are listed in the Industrial Transportation section of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). It trades under the stock symbol “SPG”. The company enjoys a market capitalization of more than R14 billion and employs about 9 500 people.
Super Group Limited’s major shareholders are Public Investment Corporation, Allan Gray Ltd., Prudential Portfolio Management and Visio Capital Management.
You might also like: STANDARD BANK SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF SUPER GROUP
- Super Group Limited has purchased a number of local and international businesses in recent years. It has driven growth through these acquisitions. The company has also announced its plan to buy a 75% stake in the German niche logistics business INtIME, at a purchase price of approximately R1.1 billion. This is a strategy by management to reduce the company’s dependency on the volatile South African economy.
- The company also plans a turnaround of its African logistics business. It aims to grow its FleetAfrica customer base, secure long-term contracts and invest more capital in its employee’s facilities and technologies. It also aims to provide its clientele with a portfolio of innovative business solutions, adding value for shareholders in the process.
- These various strategies by the company has increased growth and performance, with the latest financial data showing a 3% increase in revenue to R25.4 billion, and a 30% increase in operating profit to R2 billion for 2016, for example. Net asset value per share has also increased by 31 %. This boosts shareholder confidence in that investors who buy or sell company shares can expect sound dividends and returns.
- Super Group furthermore concluded a deal to buy 100% of United Kingdom company Fleet Hire. It is also extended its South African footprint through the purchase of nine car dealerships in the Western Cape. Its offshore revenue has also grown to 42% and 60% of operating profit. The company also undertook an accelerated book build through which it managed to raise R360 million to strengthen the company’s financials.
- These strategies have enabled the company to chart a highly profitable course through a very difficult trade environment, due to pricing pressures, increased competition and slow economic growth. As a result, the Super Group share price has burgeoned.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SUPER GROUP
- Super Group has through organic growth and critical acquisitions, managed to strengthen its foothold as a leading global transport logistics and mobility company. The company’s shares have been top performers on the JSE, growing from just 108 cents in 2012 to R39.55 by November 2016.
- The company’s fresh operational strategy to diversify away from South Africa will continue to stimulate growth. Super Group shares are therefore a very attractive proposition for investors.
You might also like: SOUTH32 SHARES
Buy SUPER GROUP stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SUPER GROUP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SUPER GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SUPER GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SUPER GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SUPER GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SUPER GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : SIRIUS REAL ESTATE SHARES