SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP (SKI) Shares
ABOUT SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP
Spark Infrastructure Group is a publicly owned investment manager. The group invests in the regulated utility infrastructure markets across the globe. Company headquarters are in Sydney, Australia.
Its purpose and strategy are to create long-term value through capital growth and distributions for securityholders from their portfolio of high-quality, long-life essential service infrastructure businesses.
The group’s strong financial performance has been achieved by optimising every business action, capitalising on organic growth opportunities and diligently considering external growth opportunities.
OVERVIEW OF SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP
- Spark Infrastructure Group owns equity interests in four quality Australian electricity networks across South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.
- It engages in investment in regulated electricity distribution and transmission businesses and operates through four segments: Victoria Power Networks, SA Power Networks, TransGrid and Other. Victoria Power Networks is involved in CitiPower and Powercor in Victoria, SA Power Networks operates South Australia’s electricity distribution network which supplies approximately 856,000 residential and commercial customers.
- TransGrid connects generators, distributors and end users in New South Wales and is involved in NSW Electricity Networks Assets Holdings Trust and NSW Electricity Networks Operations Holdings Trust. The ‘Other’ segment has economic interest in DUET Group.
- The company also invests in regulated water and sewerage assets.
VISION & VALUES OF SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP
- Spark Infrastructure Group delivers essential service infrastructure and seek value-accretive growth through acquisition and the building of business platforms. The group engages proactive with regulators, government and other stakeholders to represent their investors’ and industry’s interests.
- Strategic priorities include enhancing their investment portfolio for performance and investing efficiently to capitalise on growth opportunities.
- They continue to evaluate opportunities to grow and diversify their portfolio through disciplined acquisitions but also look to develop adjacent business platforms arising out of the technology, climate and customer-driven transformation occurring across the industry.
- Spark Infrastructure Group follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of customers are met and aims to maximise returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP
- Spark Infrastructure Group’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol SKI, listed in the Utilities sector.
- The company’s performance in 2019 showed profit before loan note interest and income tax down 8.2% to US Dollar 140,701 from US Dollar 153,258 and net profit attributable to the stapled security holders down 9.1% to US Dollar 52,827 from US Dollar 58,131.
- Earnings per stapled security before loan note interest and income tax down 8.2% to 8.37¢ from 9.11¢ and earnings per stapled security down 9.1% to 3.14¢ from 3.46¢.
- Due to Spark Infrastructure Group’s continued performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SPARK INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?