SONY (TYO: 6758) Shares
Sony Corporation (TYO: 6758) is a well-known electronics and gaming company which has its headquarters in Tokyo, Japan.
Sony products are known for best quality in electronics including audio, home video game consoles, communications, key device, and information technology products. Sony Corporation is also known for its involvement in other businesses that include music, pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses.
Sony Corporation was founded in 1946 when Masaru Ibuka started an electronics shop in a department store building in Tokyo. He was joined by Akio Morita to establish Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation that built Japan’s first tape recorder.
In 1958, they changed its name to “Sony”.
OVERVIEW OF SONY
Sony Corporation has 114 400 full time employees and it designs, develops, produces and sells electronic equipment, instruments and devices for consumer, professional and industrial markets worldwide.
- Sony Corporation distributes software titles and content through digital networks by Sony Interactive Entertainment. Sony Corporation develops, produces, markets and distributes music and produces animation titles, game applications and services for music and visual products.
- Sony Corporation offers live-action and animated motion pictures, scripted and unscripted series, game shows, animated series, television movies, and miniseries; operates a visual effects and animation unit; manages a studio facility and operates television and digital networks.
VISION & VALUES OF SONY
Sony Corporation strives to pioneer the future of people worldwide with dreams and curiosity, while pursuing the creation of the very best by harnessing diversity and varying viewpoints while earning trust for the Sony brand through ethical and responsible conduct.
- Sony Corporation beliefs that sustainability is obtained by fulfilling responsibilities through disciplined business practices.
- Sony Corporation commits to its set value chain to ensure that it reaches its goals, meet the current and future needs of customers and maximises returns, income growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SONY
Sony Corporation’s shares trade on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TYO) with stock code TYO6758 and ISIN Number JP3435000009, as listed in the Business Sector: Electronics; Technology.
Highlights of Sony Corporation’s 2019 performance include third quarter revenue of 2,122.26 billion JPY, net income of 187.89 billion JPY and a profit margin of 8.85%. Its total assets were 21,966.30 billion JPY. Annual results for the year 2019 included revenue of 8,665.69 billion JPY, net income of 916.27 billion JPY and a profit margin of 10.57%. Market Cap as at November 2019 was 75.99 Billion USD and 8350.00 billion JPY.
- Due to Sony Corporation’s continued performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns during 2022 and in future.
LATEST NEWS SONY
Buy SONY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SONY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SONY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SONY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SONY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SONY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SONY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?