SONIC HEALTHCARE (SHL) Shares
ABOUT SONIC HEALTHCARE
Sonic Healthcare Limited is a medical diagnostics company which provides a comprehensive range of pathology and diagnostic imaging services to medical practitioners, hospitals and patients as well as administrative services and facilities to medical practitioners.
Since listing on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1987, it has grown from a single pathology practice to a global medical diagnostics company with a reputation for excellence around the world for its good quality medicine and patient care.
That first pathology practice was Douglass Laboratories in Sydney’s northern suburbs.
Now it operates in Australia, New Zealand, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Ireland with headquarters in Sydney, Australia.
It is the largest laboratory provider of its kind in Australasia and Europe and the third largest in the US, employing more than 37 000 people.
OVERVIEW OF SONIC HEALTHCARE
- Sonic Healthcare Limited is the parent company to many healthcare practices around the world that make up the Sonic Healthcare group.
- Under the leadership of a pathologist CEO and supported by a board of directors with excellent medical, legal, financial and operational expertise, the company’s success stems from the belief that medical Leadership starts at that level and permeates through to the day-to-day management of subsidiaries.
- Staff members consist of more than 900 specialist pathologists, over 200 radiologists and thousands of medical scientists and technicians. Its primary care and occupational health divisions are partners to almost 2 500 general practitioners at more than 240 centres across Australia.
- Together, they deliver high-quality medical and diagnostic services to more than 100 million people per year.
VISION & VALUES OF SONIC HEALTHCARE
- Sonic Healthcare Limited’s global network of healthcare companies is united by a set of core values that reflect the care and expertise required to deliver exceptional medical services.
- They are committed to a culture of medical leadership and a management philosophy that values the contribution of medical, scientific and technical specialists, honoring the doctor-patient relationship, and highest levels of service quality, professionalism and best-practice care.
- Much time is spent on nurturing a corporate culture so that everybody remains true to that commitment of service excellence. Sonic Healthcare Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of customers are met and aims to maximise returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SONIC HEALTHCARE
- Sonic Healthcare Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol SHL, listed in the Health Care sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance in 2019 include revenue of US Dollar 6,133.67 million, net income of US Dollar 549.73 million and a profit margin of 8.96%. It had operating cash flow of US Dollar 847.31 million and showed a gross profit of US Dollar 5,138.38 million.
- Due to Sonic Healthcare Limited’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy SONIC HEALTHCARE stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SONIC HEALTHCARE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SONIC HEALTHCARE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SONIC HEALTHCARE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SONIC HEALTHCARE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SONIC HEALTHCARE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SONIC HEALTHCARE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?