SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS (SWKS) Stocks
ABOUT SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS
Skyworks Solutions, Inc., an American semiconductor company, was incorporated on June 10, 2002 and has its headquarters in Woburn, Massachusetts. The company develops, manufactures and markets semiconductors for use in radio frequency (RF) and mobile communications systems.
The company was established through the merger of Alpha Industries and Conextant’s wireless communications division in June 2002. The company has manufacturing facilities in Woburn, Newbury Park, California and Mexicali, Mexico. Its design centers are situated in Santa Rosa and Irvine, California; Greensboro, North Carolina; Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Ottawa, Ontario. Skyworks Solutions, Inc. operates throughout North America, Europe, Japan and Asia.
The company’s product portfolio includes power amplifiers, front-end modules and RF products for handsets and wireless infrastructure equipment. It manufactures amplifiers, circulators, demodulators, detectors, attenuators, diodes, directional couplers, front-end modules, hybrids, infrastructure RF subsystems and modulators, to name but a few.
Its products connect people, places and things via applications in the automotive, broadband, cellular infrastructure, industrial, medical, military, smartphone, tablet and wearable markets.
Today, the company employs approximately 8 400 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. operates in a number of geographical segments: United States, Other Americas, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Other Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa. The company collaborates with key original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), smartphone providers and baseband reference design partners.
- It has plants in Mexico, Singapore, the U.S., Japan and more. Skyworks enables opportunities through a set of wireless protocols such as long-term evolution (LTE), wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi), Bluetooth, Zigbee and emerging 5G standards.
- Some of its product portfolios include circulators/isolators, diodes, directional couplers, diversity receive modules, detectors, filters, front-end modules, hybrids, low-noise amplifiers as well as power dividers/combiners, low-noise amplifiers, mixers and phase shifters, to name but a few.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. competes with prominent companies such as Analog Devices, Broadcom, Maxim Integrated Products, and Murata Manufacturing.
VISION & VALUES OF SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. conducts its business according to a set of core values that defines the company’s business ethos and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- The company’s operations are defined by trust and respect. It creates a work environment in which diversity and inclusion thrive and open up new opportunities for every employee.
- The company takes its social responsibility seriously and always strives to improve the communities in which it operates.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “SWKS”.
- The company’s solid performance in the market affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
- In 2018 the company recorded total revenue of USUS Dollar 3.87 billion and non-operating income of USUS Dollar 12.8 million.
LATEST NEWS SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS
Buy SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?