SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP (SCP) Shares
ABOUT SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP
Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group is an internally managed real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns a portfolio of quality sub-regional and neighbourhood shopping centres and freestanding convenience retailing assets across Australia.
The group is a stapled trust structure created by Woolworths Group Ltd as a landlord for several of its shopping centres in 2012. When the trusts were created, Woolworths transferred its ownership in those centres to SCA Property Group, then transferred the ownership in the group to Woolworths shareholders.
Woolworths has no ownership interest in the group following its listing, it is an independent entity with its own board and management team. It was admitted to the official list of ASX in November and commenced trading in December 2012 on a normal settlement basis.
OVERVIEW OF SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP
- Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group manages listed managed investment schemes that own and operate shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand as well as manages unlisted managed investment schemes that own and operate shopping centres in Australia.
- Its portfolio comprises more than 82 neighbourhood, sub-regional and freestanding retail centres and two registered managed investment schemes – Shopping Centres Australasia Property Management Trust and Shopping Centres Australasia Property Retail Trust.
- The units in each trust are stapled to form the stapled listed vehicle, Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group. The group is internally managed with a structure designed to enable a clear alignment of management interests to those of unitholders.
VISION & VALUES OF SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP
- Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group is committed to maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance and vows to adhere to a set of core values and behaviours that underpin the group’s activities.
- It should ensure transparency, fair dealing and protection of the interests of all stakeholders. The company is further committed to deliver strong returns and shareholder value while also promoting shareholder and general market confidence.
- The company is always committed to acting ethically and responsibly in its dealings with third parties. Its code of conduct is designed and spells out all practices which are necessary to maintain confidence in the company’s integrity.
- Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of customers are met and aims to maximise returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP
- Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol SCP, listed in the Real Estate sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance in 2019 include revenue from ordinary activities of US Dollar 270.00 million and net income after tax attributable of US Dollar 109.60 million, with profit margin 40.59%. It has total Assets of US Dollar 3,372.20 million and total liabilities of US Dollar 1,268.30 million.
- Due to Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SHOPPING CENTRES AUSTRALASIA PROPERTY GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?