SHIONOGI AND CO (TYO: 4507) Shares
ABOUT SHIONOGI AND CO
Shionogi and Co. Limited is a Japanese pharmaceutical company best known for its Crestor product. The company has a history dating back to 1878, and was first incorporated in 1919.
Today the company has a diversified pharmaceutical portfolio with a focus on hyperlipidaemia, antibiotics, and cancer medicines.
In Japan the company is particularly known as a producer of antimicrobial medicines and antibiotics.
To this end, the company has partnered with US based Schering-Plough to become the sole marketing agent for its products in Japan.
OVERVIEW OF SHIONOGI AND CO
Shionogi and Co. Limited aims to grow as a drug discovery-based pharmaceutical company through clear priorities and focused resourcing, with growth led by FIC and LIC compounds, and the continued improvement of its business operations.
- As a research-driven pharmaceutical company, Shionogi and Co. Limited delivers pharmaceuticals that offer the greatest value to patients, their families, and healthcare providers, while improving the quality of life for patients and their families worldwide.
- In order to maintain its position as a leader in the industry, the company remains constantly engaged in research, development, manufacturing, and marketing activities, with a primary focus on prescription drugs, OTC drugs and diagnostics.
- Shionogi and Co. Limited makes concerted efforts in order to carry out its activities aggressively and rapidly. The company’s products are manufactured with a strong emphasis on safety and sustainability, and a high level of product quality.
- Shionogi and Co. Limited is also advancing its global strategy by taking a pragmatic approach to its international business expansion in the United States, Asia, and Europe in order to deliver its high-potential products to patients around the world.
VISION & VALUES OF SHIONOGI AND CO
The corporate mission of Shionogi and Co. Limited is to supply the best possible medicine to protect the health and well-being of the patients which it serves. To this end the company takes and integrated approach across its all of its operations.
- Through these operations the company continues to contribute to patients, physicians and other healthcare providers, shareholders and investors, and furthermore to society as a whole.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SHIONOGI AND CO
Shionogi and Co. Limited trades on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TYO), where investors can buy shares under the stock code TYO 4507. Data from the company’s 2018 financial analysis shows Net sales of 363.7 billion yen, reflecting the company’s fourth consecutive year of growth.
- Shionogi and Co. Limited recorded 363.7 billion yen in net sales, and 135.8 billion yen in operating income. Profit attributable to the owners was 132.8 billion yen. As such, the company reported record-high growth in all of its financial measures.
- The company’s strong performance has allowed investors to buy or sell shares with confidence today, providing sound dividends and a solid buy-in for those who choose to purchase shares in 2022 and in the future.
LATEST NEWS SHIONOGI AND CO
Buy SHIONOGI AND CO stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SHIONOGI AND CO Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SHIONOGI AND CO Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SHIONOGI AND CO STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SHIONOGI AND CO STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SHIONOGI AND CO stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SHIONOGI AND CO stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?