SELECT HARVESTS (SHV) Shares
ABOUT SELECT HARVESTS
Select Harvests Limited is Australia’s largest almond grower, processor and exporter, and the third largest grower worldwide.
It manages almond orchards in Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia, and manufactures a variety of food snacks and muesli. The company is based in Melbourne and employs around 300 people permanently, and more than 500 seasonally.
The company was formerly known as Defender Limited and Defender Australia Limited and was founded in 1978.
Now it is Australia’s largest vertically integrated nut and health food company with core capabilities in horticulture, orchard management, processing, sales and marketing.
OVERVIEW OF SELECT HARVESTS
- Select Harvests Limited also packages and distributes other edible nuts, dried fruits, seeds and natural health foods.
- It manufactures chemically based pelletised and grain-based pesticide products including snail baits and rodenticides for the Australasian market.
- The business is divided into two divisions: an almond business which owns and manages orchards, harvests and processes the crop, and a food business, which processes and markets a range of nut and fruit-based products to retailers, distributors and food manufacturers.
- Products are sold under brands like Lucky, Sunsol, Nu-Vit, Meriram, Soland, Allinga Farms and Renshaw.
- Apart from the growing and managing of its own almond orchards, the company also provides a range of management services to external owners of almond orchards. These services include orchard development, the rentals of land and irrigation infrastructure, and the sale of other producers’ almonds.
VISION & VALUES OF SELECT HARVESTS
- Select Harvests Limited is set to deliver sustainable shareholder value by being a global leader in integrated growing, processing and marketing of almonds.
- Their priority is to continuously improve profitability for all stakeholders through the leverage of their key competitive advantage and almond assets.
- It is their privilege to delight both customers and consumers with their innovative brands.
- They vow to create long term value for stakeholders through realising superior returns on shareholders’ investments. Employees are being treated with honesty, integrity and respect, at the same time being driven to succeed and they strive to keep on providing customers and suppliers with ample benefits from relationships with each other.
- Select Harvests Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of customers are met and aims to maximise returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SELECT HARVESTS
- Select Harvests Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol SHV, listed in the Consumer Staples sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance in 2019 include Revenue of US Dollar 210.24 million, Net Income of US Dollar 20.37 million and Profit Margin of 9.69%. Its Balance sheet showed Total Assets of US Dollar 516.55 million.
- Due to Select Harvests Limited’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy SELECT HARVESTS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SELECT HARVESTS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SELECT HARVESTS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SELECT HARVESTS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SELECT HARVESTS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SELECT HARVESTS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SELECT HARVESTS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?