SCHLUMBERGER NV (SLB) Stocks
ABOUT SCHLUMBERGER NV
Schlumberger NV, the world’s largest oilfield services company, was founded in France in 1926. The company has four principal executive offices – in Paris, Houston, London and The Hague.
The company was established as the Electric Prospecting Company by Alsatian German brothers Conrad and Marcel Schlumberger. In 1927, this company recorded the first-ever electrical resistivity well log in Pechelbronn, France.
Schlumberger Limited supplies services such as seismic acquisition an processing, formation evaluation, well testing and directional drilling, well cementing and stimulation, well completions, flow assurance and consulting, artificial lift, and software and information management. Its main clientele is the petroleum industry. It also operates in the groundwater-extraction and carbon-capture and storage industries.
The Schlumberger brothers invented wireline logging as a technique to obtain downhole data in oil- and gas wells. Today, the company still holds the industry’s longest track-record for cutting-edge E&P technology to develop new advancements. Schlumberger Limited invests a lot of time and money in new technologies to support and extend its leadership position in the industry.
The company focuses on new digital technologies. In 2018, for example, Schlumberger invested more than US$700 million in new technology for oilfield activities. Modern manufacturing methods, such as robotics and automation, further enhance the company’s performance and position in the petroleum industry.
With products and service in more than 120 countries for clients to purchase, the company boasts the industry’s most extensive range of products and services. Its operations cover all aspects of the industry – from exploration through to production, and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions that maximize hydrocarbon recovery to optimize reservoir performance.
Today, the company employs approximately 100 000 people across its operations worldwide.
You might also like: S&P GLOBAL STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF SCHLUMBERGER NV
- Schlumberger operates across all the major oilfield service markets. The company functions through four major segments: Reservoir Characterization, Drilling, Production, and Cameron.
- Each of these divisions comprises a number of technology-based product and service lines or technologies. The latter cover the entire life cycle of the reservoir, and are connected to markets in which the company holds leading positions. The function of these technologies is to enable the company to provide the best services to its clientele, and to elevate the company’s leading position in technology development and services integration.
- Reservoir Characterization focusses on finding and defining hydrocarbon resources, whilst Drilling is tasked with the drilling and positioning of oil and gas wells. Production oversees the lifetime production of oil and gas reservoirs. Cameron focuses on pressure- and flow control for drilling and intervention rigs, oil- and gas wells, and production facilities.
- The company’s subsidiaries are Schlumberger Investment SA and the Schlumberger Holdings Corporation.
VALUES OF SCHLUMBERGER NV
- Schlumberger is committed to providing services that optimizes its customers’ performance. Its values focus on people and technology and form the basis of all the company’s operations.
- The company strives for excellence in everything it sets out to do. It conducts business in an open and transparent manner and does not hold equity stakes in its clients’ assets. It appreciates and values the trust of its clientele, and regards its reputation for integrity as a vital part of its success.
- Schlumberger regards accountability as a vital part of its company ethos, and has adopted progressive accountability guidelines for assessing the actions of its workforce. It appreciates its employees and supports their quest to excel. It also maintains the highest standards in health and safety of employees, customers and contractors. The company is also passionate about the protection of the environments in which it operates.
- The company is steadfast in its mission to produce superior profits to the benefit of all its stakeholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SCHLUMBERGER NV
- Schlumberger is incorporated in Willemstad, Curaçao, as Schlumberger N.V. It trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “SLB”.
- Schlumberger also trades on Euronext, Paris, Swiss Exchange and the London Stock Exchange. The company’s sound financial performance boosts investor confidence.
- In 2018, it recorded revenue of US$32.815 billion and net income of US$2.138 billion, with total assets valued at US$77.96 billion. Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: ROSS STORES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS SCHLUMBERGER NV
Buy SCHLUMBERGER NV stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SCHLUMBERGER NV Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SCHLUMBERGER NV Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SCHLUMBERGER NV STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SCHLUMBERGER NV STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SCHLUMBERGER NV stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SCHLUMBERGER NV stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : ROPER TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS