SANLAM (SLM) Shares
Sanlam Limited’s history can be traced back to the founding of the Suid-AfrikaanseNasionaleLewensAssuransieMaatskappij (Sanlam) in 1918. The company is a South African financial services group headquartered in Bellville, in the Western Cape Province of South Africa.
The company was originally established as a life insurance group, but has, over time, developed into a diversified financial services business. It operates through various business segments: Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate and Santam.
Sanlam Limited was demutualised in 1998 and listed its shares on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and the Namibian Stock Exchange. The company trades on the JSE under the stock symbol “SLM”.
The company operates in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Kenya Mozambique, Nigeria, India, the United Kingdom and Malaysia. It is also planning to buy into the Australian, United States and Philippines markets. The company also has a stake in UK-based Micro-Ensure Holdings Limited which specializes in micro-insurance.
Sanlam has built a stellar reputation for its exceptional service offering in the fields of financial planning, insurance, trusts, retirement, asset management, short-term insurance, portfolio and risk management and investment and wealth.
The company’s major shareholders are the Altria Group, BevCo and the Public Investment Corporation.
You might also like: RMB HOLDINGS SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF SANLAM
- Sanlam Limited has been performing strongly in the affluent market. The company’s purchase of investment portfolio manager, Glacier, further grows its current product solutions according to regulatory changes such as retirement reform. The company also has a strong focus on ease of doing business for intermediaries and the end client. Through product enhancements, underwriting and process improvement, as well as improved product support and training, the company managed to improve risk business sales in the middle and affluent markets.
- Sanlam Sky offers an extensive portfolio of affordable business solutions, enhancing the company’s capabilities to deliver steady growth in the midst of the challenging economic climate. Sanlam Sky will also develop its agency and affiliated intermediary footprint and enhance group relationships. The company also focusses on enlarging its product range to meet evolving client needs.
- MiWay Insurance is Sanlam’s direct general insurance company and is performing very satisfactory. It is expected to grow exponentially in the future which will stimulate and drive the Sanlam shareprice. This bodes well for potential investors who can now buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns. The company is steadfast in its commitment to provide regular dividends to its shareholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SANLAM
- The company’s diversified operations, supported by the strength of the Sanlam brand and those brands of international partners, enabled Sanlam to grow new business volumes by 18%. Its net operating profit increased by 27% and a 26% rise in share price value.
- This achievement is remarkable in the light of the fact that the South African economy is growing by less than 2%. The company’s commitment in creating value for shareholders is obvious. These figures boost investor confidence and drive growth.
- Sanlam’s shares have always been popular and are expected to continue this upward growth trend. It is always a sound business decision to purchase Sanlam shares.
You might also like: REUNERT SHARES
Buy SANLAM stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SANLAM Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SANLAM Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SANLAM STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SANLAM STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SANLAM stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SANLAM stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : TSOGO SUN SHARES