ROPER TECHNOLOGIES (ROP) Stocks
ABOUT ROPER TECHNOLOGIES
? Roper Technologies, Inc. is a public diversified technology company serving a broad customer base in diverse global niche markets including healthcare, commercial construction, transportation, water, food, education, energy and academic research. It was formerly known as Roper Industries, Inc. The company’s business segments are Application Software, Network Software & Systems, Measurement & Analytical Solutions as well as Process Technologies.
Roper Technologies, Inc. provides value-added solutions for critical customer processes which generate high gross-margins that are converted to excess free cash flow by strong operating management. The cash is reinvested into new growth drivers that lead to sustained profitable growth. The company’s history dates back to the 19th century and its headquarters is in Lakewood Ranch, Florida.
Today the company has more than 14 000 employees and serves customers in over 100 countries.
Some of its subsidiaries are Deltek, TransCore Atlantic LLC, iSqFt, The Foundry Visionmongers, PowerPlan, Inc. and DAT Solutions.
OVERVIEW OF ROPER TECHNOLOGIES
- The company is founded by George D. Roper in the late 19th century. It is a primary manufacturer of pumps, home appliances and industrial products.
Roper initiates a corporate acquisition program which is supported by an initial public offering in 1992. Through the years the previous holding company business strategy is replaced with an operating company model.
- Roper Technologies Inc. acquires various companies through the years which account for more than half its revenues and establishes the company in global growth markets.
- In 2012 Roper buys Sunquest Information Systems, a producer of diagnostic and laboratory software, for the price of US Dollar 1.42 billion in cash.
- Through the years the company acquires 31 organisations. Two large acquisitions are Deltek for US Dollar 2.8 billion and PowerPlan for US Dollar 1.1 billion. In 2019 Roper Technologies, Inc. buys Foundry – a leading software technologies provider delivering award-winning visual effects as well as 3D content for the visualization, digital design and entertainment industries.
- The company builds its presence in high growth niche markets like RF technology related software and software used for medical/scientific imaging. Approximately 70% of Roper’s overall revenues are represented by these two segments. Over the last decade the company’s revenue has grown at a CAGR of 8.16% and EPS at a CAGR of 13.36%. During the past decade free cash flow has roughly tripled.
- The company is a constituent of the Fortune 1000, S&P 500 and the Russell 1000 indices.
VALUES OF ROPER TECHNOLOGIES
- Roper Technologies Inc. is committed to ensuring that its manufacturing, transportation and waste disposal activities are consistent with the preservation and protection of the environment.
- Environmental stewardship is core to its business operations from recycling for inbound material to the use of chemicals in its processes as well as eliminating waste. The company is also committed to sourcing from suppliers that share its values.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ROPER TECHNOLOGIES
- Roper Technologies Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “ROP”.
- The company’s revenue for the quarter ending March 31, 2019 is US Dollar 1.287B – a 7.04% increase year-over-year. Its revenue for the twelve months ending March 31, 2019 is US Dollar 5.276B – an 11.69% increase year-over-year. Roper’s annual revenue for 2018 is US Dollar 5.191B – a 12.67% increase from the previous year.
LATEST NEWS ROPER TECHNOLOGIES
Buy ROPER TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ROPER TECHNOLOGIES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ROPER TECHNOLOGIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ROPER TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ROPER TECHNOLOGIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ROPER TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ROPER TECHNOLOGIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?