REGENCY CENTERS (REG) Stocks
ABOUT REGENCY CENTERS
? Regency Centers Corporation is structured as a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). The company’s portfolio includes 421 properties and 57 million square feet of retail space across the nation. Regency owns, manages, leases, develops and buy retail shopping centers through Regency Centers Operating Partnership.
Properties include popular locations such as Palm Valley Marketplace, Five Points Shopping Center, Applewood Shopping Center, Shops at Arizona, Spring Valley Shopping Center, Pebblebrook Plaza and French Valley Village Center, just to name a few.
Regency Centers Corporation is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. It has more than 450 employees. Regency is an S&P500 Index company.
HISTORY OF REGENCY CENTERS
- The company is founded in 1963 by Joan and Martin Stein. It is named Regency Square Properties. In 1967 it builds Regency Square, Jacksonville’s first regional mall. With its initial public offering in 1993, the company raises US Dollar 108 million. Regency buys Branch Properties in 1997. This expands Regency’s portfolio with shopping centers in Atlanta, Georgia.
- A few years later Regency Centers acquires a property portfolio from Branch Properties valued at US Dollar 400 million. Regency enters a partnership with Macquarie CountryWide Trust in 2005 and it purchases 101 First Washington Realty, Inc. centers as well as California Public Employees’ Retirement System for a price of US Dollar 2.74 billion.
- In 2009 First Washington Realty, Inc. and California Public Employees’ Retirement System buy a 60 percent interest back of the portfolio.
- In 2013 SITE Centers purchases 7 shopping centers from Regency for a price of US Dollar 332 million. In 2019 the company buys Silicon Valley’s Pruneyard for a price of US Dollar 212.5 million.
VISION & VALUES OF REGENCY CENTERS
- Regency Centers Corporation has successfully created value for shareholders and customers for more than 50 years. The company values its people and works together to provide positive experiences to its customers. Regency contributed to communities and strives to reduce its environmental impact. The company is committed to high ethical behavior when dealing with customers, employees, shareholder and communities.
- For the 11th consecutive year, including its five years of Platinum recognition, Regency Centers Corporation receives the First Coast Healthiest Companies Award. The company is recognized with the Employee Voice Award for its employee engagement of 87 percent. Regency offers almost 11 000 hours of training and internship programs for its employees.
- Regency Centers Corporation is a steward of the environment and has goals to minimize greenhouse gas emissions, focusses in climate change and reduce energy consumption. For the 4th consecutive year the company receives the GRESB Green Star.
- A total of 17 shopping centers are equipped with solar arrays and uses clean and renewable power. Regency has irrigation systems to conserve water in more than 130 shopping centers.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF REGENCY CENTERS
- Regency Centers Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “REG”.
- Data analysis for the company’s three months ending June 30, 2019 reports a net income attributable to common stockholders of US Dollar 0.31 per diluted share.
- NAREIT funds from operations are US Dollar 0.95 per diluted share. Net operating income increases with 2.1 percent. The company’s property portfolio is 95.1% leased. Approximately US Dollar 474 million is invested. Regency declares cash dividends of US Dollar 0.585 per share in the reported period.
LATEST NEWS REGENCY CENTERS
Buy REGENCY CENTERS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase REGENCY CENTERS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy REGENCY CENTERS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN REGENCY CENTERS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE REGENCY CENTERS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of REGENCY CENTERS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy REGENCY CENTERS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?