REA GROUP (REA) Shares
ABOUT REA GROUP
REA Group Limited is a global online real estate advertising company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. It is majority owned by News Corp Australia, a subsidiary of News Corp, and employs approximately 1 600 people.
The group grew from realestate.com.au, Australia’s largest property website, with 4.4 million unique browsers each month. It operates property websites in 10 countries, used by more than 19 000 agents and have approximately 8.8 million unique visitors per month.
REA Group Limited started in a garage in Melbourne in 1995. With the internet, still a new concept too many, the founders could never have predicted just how much their idea would change the way people think and experience property.
The company made its first acquisition in Asia in 2007 when it bought 59% of casa.it in Italy. It also bought Hong Kong’s largest English-language property magazine, SquareFoot and launched squarefoot.com.hk and realcommercial.com.au in Australia.
In 2008, it bought UK Property Shop Ltd. and the atHome group of real estate websites in Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany and France.
It 2011, it collaborates with Thoughtworks in China.
In 2015, realestate.com.au goes into a new agreement with Inspect Real Estate making booking rental inspections easier for property managers and Australians looking to rent a home, by implementing RegisterOnline.
It expands its footprint in South East Asia when buying the iProperty Group in 2016. In 2018, Hometrack joins the REA team.
OVERVIEW OF REA GROUP
- REA Group Limited advertises property and property-related services on Websites and mobile applications in Australia, Europe and Asia.
- Its divisions include Australia, Europe, North America, Asia and Corporate. In Australia, it operates commercial and residential property sites, realestate.com.au and realcommercial.com.au. In Europe, it operates in Italy, Luxembourg and France. Its Asian operations comprise of iProperty that operates property portals across Malaysia and Hong Kong, and portals in Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia, and its Chinese site, myfun.com, which supports the Asian, Australian and the United States businesses by displaying residential property listings to Chinese buyers and investors.
- It has interest in Move, Inc. and PropTiger, which offer online real estate services
VISION & VALUES OF REA GROUP
- REA Group Limited’s purpose is to change the way the world experiences property. The company use new technology and its collective genius to deliver the best products and services to its customers and consumers. Its vision is to be the best property-related marketplace in every country in which it operates.
- The company has a set of values that guides it in what it does and how it does it. It works as a team. People are at the heart of REA and it gets the work done.
- It is committed to achieve its goals no matter what the challenges are. The company is all about challenging the status quo and taking risks.
- Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF REA GROUP
REA Group Limited trades on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and lists under the stock symbol REA. The company forms part of the ASX 100.
During the second half of 2019, the company reports revenue growth up 8% to US Dollar 874.9 million, EBITDA up 8% to US Dollar 501.2 million.
The board declares a final dividend of 63 cents per share fully franked. This represents a full year dividend of 118.0 cents per share for the 2019 financial year, an 8% increase.
Buy REA GROUP stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase REA GROUP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy REA GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN REA GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE REA GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of REA GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy REA GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?