PIONEER FOODS (PFG) Shares
ABOUT PIONEER FOODS
Pioneer Foods Group Ltd. is a producer and distributor of branded foods and beverage products. It’s one of the largest companies in its field and operates predominantly across South Africa. The company’s portfolio includes the wholesale, retail and informal trade of products across more than 60 countries world-wide. Products include well-known brands like Weet-Bix, Liqui-Fruit, Safari, Spekko, Sasko and White Star. Pioneer Foods’ international market makes up a total of 21 percent of its operating profit.
The company has three main sectors. The Essential Foods sector produces wheat and maize products. It also does packaging for rice, beans and other dried vegetables. This sector also has a large bakery.The Groceries sector manufactures breakfast cereals, dried fruit products, rusks, cake mixes, baking aids, nuts, processed salads, long-life fruit juices, fruit concentrate mixtures and dairy fruit blends as well as sweet and savory spreads.
The International sector operates through an export business which is managed across two divisions: Africa and Rest of the World. This division also incorporates the company’s fruit operations.
You might also like: PICK N PAY SHARES
HISTORY OF PIONEER FOODS
- Pioneer Foods is founded in 1997.
- The company lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 2008 with a market cap of R4 billion at the time and has produced good profits ever since.
VISION & VALUES OF PIONEER FOODS
- Pioneer Foods’ vision is to be the leading fast moving consumer goods company in Africa. Its goal is to provide trusted, well-known brands to families.
- The company believes effective shareholder engagement is vital for corporate governance and it is committed to its shareholders. The company recognizes that social, economic and environmental interests play an important role in the success of the business. It keeps an eye out for risks by monitoring the media extensively to ensure that profits are generated and good investment opportunities are not missed.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PIONEER FOODS
- Pioneer Foods trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the JSE stock symbol PFG. Its shares can be found in the Consumer Staples Sector under Packaged Food.
- Analysis data for Pioneer Foods’ financial statements for the six months ending March 31, 2019, reports revenue of R 11 039 million, an increase of 12 percent.Adjusted operating profit is R 729 million. Earnings are R 509 million and earnings per share is 272 cents. Diluted earnings per share is 272 cents and headline earnings is R 509 million. Pioneer Foods pays regular dividends to its shareholders.
- The forecast for the company’s shares predicts a solid buy for a good price, with medium to long-term rewards.
You might also like: PEPCOR SHARES
Buy PIONEER FOODS stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase PIONEER FOODS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PIONEER FOODS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PIONEER FOODS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PIONEER FOODS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PIONEER FOODS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PIONEER FOODS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : OLD MUTUAL PLC SHARES