PHILLIPS 66 (PSX) Stocks
ABOUT PHILLIPS 66
Phillips 66 is a multinational energy company located in Houston, Texas. The company’s portfolio includes the manufacturing and producing of petrochemicals, crude oils, natural gas liquids and speciality products. Phillips 66 operates in more than 65 countries and has an estimated 14 000 employees.
Phillips 66 markets gasoline, aviation fuel and diesel through more than 7 500 outlets in 48 states with several brands. The company’s chemical division has interests in 30 global manufacturing facilities. Phillips 66 has 13 refineries, with a capacity of 2.2 million barrels of crude oil per day, as well as 10 000 marketing outlets and pipelines of approximately 15 000 miles across the United States and Europe.
The company’s natural gas and oil produces thousands of products. Some of these include carpeting, phones, heart valves, toys, sterile medicine equipment, computers, vitamin capsules and paint. Automobiles, planes, trains and boats use the fuel that is produced.
Philips 66 is a Fortune 500 company, as well as a Fortune Global 500 company.
You might also like: OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF PHILLIPS 66
- Phillips 66 Petroleum Company is founded in 1917 by two brothers, Frank and L.E. Phillips. The company’s headquarters is in Bartlesville, OK. During the Second World War, the company produces high-octane aviation fuel that is bought at a fair price and it enhances the power of Allied airplanes. The company buys other businesses during the next few years and expands its portfolio.
- In 2002 the company merges with Conoco, one of the first petroleum marketers. The company is renamed to ConocoPhillips and is now the third largest United States oil company and the sixth largest publicly traded oil company globally. In a corporate spin-off, Phillips 66 is created and starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange on the 1st of May, 2012.
- In 2016 Phillips 66 completes its multibillion dollar export project in the Texas Gulf Coast and moves into its new headquarters in Houston.
VISION & VALUES OF PHILLIPS 66
- Phillips 66 values the future and its vision, including strategies, to drive its shareholder value. Providing energy to improve lives, while following its values, honor and safety commitments, is a goal for the company.
- The company is recognised for its safety and health programs, as well as conserving the environment from which it operates. It makes use of high tech electronic equipment to monitor operations and warn employees before potential risks.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PHILLIPS 66
- Phillips 66 trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol PSX.
- Analysis data for Phillips 66 first quarter 2019 reports earnings of $204 million. Adjusted earnings are $187 million. Pre-tax income is $316 million. A total of $708 million are returned to shareholders through share repurchases and dividends. The Phillips 66 forecast shows positive earnings and a good time to buy shares.
You might also like: NORTHROP GRUMMAN STOCKS
LATEST NEWS PHILLIPS 66
Buy PHILLIPS 66 stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase PHILLIPS 66 Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PHILLIPS 66 Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PHILLIPS 66 STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PHILLIPS 66 STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PHILLIPS 66 stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PHILLIPS 66 stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : NORFOLK SOUTHERN STOCKS