Pepperstone Demo Account
How to set up a Pepperstone Demo Account – Step by Step
To register for, and set up a demo account with Pepperstone, traders can follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Pepperstone website and hover over the ‘Trading with us’ tab, navigate to and click on ‘Trading Accounts’, scroll down past the account features to the ‘Ready to Trade?’ area and click on ‘Try Demo’.
- The trader will be redirected to a new page that consists of an online application.
- The trader will first have to select the box confirming that they are over 18 years of age and that the trader agrees with Pepperstone’s policies.
- Traders can either fill in the form, or alternatively the ‘Register with Google’ or ‘Register with Facebook’ options can be used to register the demo account using these credentials, respectively.
- Alternatively, the trader can fill in the required fields on the application with their First and Last name, email address, a client-selected password, and mobile phone number. After completing this, the trader can click ‘Submit’.
- A new page will load, informing the trader on the successful registration of their demo account. An email will be sent to the trader to confirm their email address in addition to the demo account
- The email will contain the trader’s account credentials and a link to download MetaTrader 4 will be provided.
- Once the trader has downloaded and installed the trading platform, the account credentials they received in the confirmation email must be used to log in from the MetaTrader 4 platform in order to access and start using the demo account.
Trading can be a very intimidating task for beginners without prior knowledge, skill, or experience in trading and through the provision of demo accounts, brokers provide a comprehensive and risk free environment for beginner traders.
A demo account is often referred to as a practice account due to it providing traders with the ability and freedom to explore the broker’s offering without running the risk of incurring losses through the provision of virtual money with which to practice trading.
Beginner traders can use demo accounts to familiarize themselves with a live trading environment, where they can build up their trading skills by actively participating in trades and develop their own trading strategies.
Demo accounts are not merely intended only for beginners, but it provides more advanced traders the opportunity to explore what Pepperstone has to offer.
Pepperstone Demo Account Features
The Pepperstone demo account features will depend on the trading platform that the trader uses, which is MetaTrader 4 for the purpose of the demo account.
In other words, the demo account features can be accessed through the trading platform and will depend on Pepperstone’s offering with regards to asset classes, financial instruments, spreads, leverage, and so on.
To gain access to the demo account, the trader has to download the trading platform to either of the following:
- Desktop – MS Windows, Linux, or Mac OS
- Mobile – Android smartphone or tablet, iOS iPhone, or iPad
Should the trader wish to use the Web Trader for either trading platform, access will be provided from the download page for each trading platform, respectively.
As soon as the trader has downloaded their trading platform, they can use the login details provided on the account verification page to log into the trading platform and they will have access to their Pepperstone demo account.
Pros and Cons
|1. Demo account sign up fully digital||1. None noted|
|2. Sign up is quick and hassle-free|
|3. Metatrader 4 is a reliable, user-friendly trading platform|
What is the difference between a demo and live trading account?
A demo account provides the trader with a practice account that can be used to practice trading in a risk free environment.
Demo accounts are often suited for beginners who need to build up experience with trading as well as advanced traders who would like to test their trading strategies and explore the offering of a broker before registering a live account.
Does Pepperstone offer a demo account?
Can I convert my demo account to a live trading account with Pepperstone?
All that you have to do is complete additional information along with providing proof of ID and proof of residence. This can easily be done from the Client Portal/Secure Area.
Which live trading accounts does Pepperstone offer?
- Edge Standard account – minimum deposit of AU$200, leverage up to 1:500, zero commissions and spreads from 1.0 pips.
- Razor Account – minimum deposit of AU$200, leverage up to 1:500, $3.5 commissions per standard lot, variable spreads from 0.0 pips.
- Edge Swap Free Account – minimum deposit of AU$200, leverage up to 1:500, zero commissions and spreads from 1.0 pips.
- Edge Active Traders – minimum deposit of AU$200, leverage up to 1:500, $3.5 commissions per standard lot, variable spreads from 0.0 pips and 10% rebate.
What are the available deposit currencies for a live trading account?
- EUR, and several more.