PAYPAL (PYPL) Stocks
PayPal Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1998 as Confinity, and has its headquarters in San Jose, California, in the United States. The company’s operations centre, opened in 1999, is situated in Omaha, Nebraska.
PayPal Holdings Inc. operates a global online payments system that supports online money transfers, and offers an electronic alternative to traditional paper payments such as checks and money orders. PayPal is a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites and commercial users. It charges a fee in exchange for benefits such as one-click transactions and password memory.
PayPal operates across the European Union as a Luxembourg-based bank. The company’s international headquarters is situated in Singapore. PayPal also has a technology centre in Scottsdale, Arizona, in the U.S., and a development centre in Chennai, India. In 2007, PayPal opened data service offices in Austin, Texas, and La Vista, Nebraska. The company also has customer support offices in Berlin, Germany; Chandler, Arizona; Dublin, Ireland; Omaha, Nebraska; and Shangai, China.
PayPal’s services allow its clientele to do financial transactions online by transferring funds electronically between people and businesses. Users can send and receive payments for online auctions and websites such as eBay. They can also purchase or sell goods and services, or donate money. It also offers a currency conversion option to it account users.
PayPal also provides free analytics to traders about the methods through which consumers utilise online payments. This free tracking service assists traders to target these consumers. It also collaborates with “Synchrony Financial”, and offers a financial service to PayPal Cashback Mastercard in which customers who shop online or in physical stores through PayPal, get a 2% cash return. The company has a global reach of more than 200 countries and has more than 277 million users.
Today, PayPal Holdings Inc. employs approximately 22 000 people globally.
You might also like: NVIDIA STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF PAYPAL
- Paypal Holdings Inc.’s payments platform comprises of its PayPal, PayPal Credit, Braintree, Venmo, Xoom and Paydiant products. This global platform is two-sided and links is customers, both merchants and consumers, to facilitate the processing of payment transactions. PayPal also enables consumers to exchange funds via a range of funding sources comprising a bank account, a PayPal account balance, a PayPal Credit account, and a credit and debit card, or stored value products such as gift cards.
- PayPal also offers person-to-person (P2P) payment solutions through its website and mobile applications, Venmo and Xoom. The PayPal payments platform connects with financial institutions worldwide and allows purchases regardless of location. Since 2016, consumers can now also engage in cross-border shopping in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds from their bank accounts in 56 currencies, and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies. Consumers also have access to customer tools on the PayPal Payments Platform, such as transaction processing, database and network applications that assist with the utilization of PayPal services.
- In 2015, the company launched its peer-to-peer payment platform, PayPal.Me, which allows users to send a custom link to request funds via text, email or other messaging platforms. This service is available in 18 countries.
- Apple uses PayPal as a payment platform for App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, and iBooks. In return, PayPal receives revenue from Apple Services. PayPal also offers various marketing activities in various channels which consumers can use. These include TV commercials, outdoor advertising, display advertisements and Facebook.
- The company announced in 2019 that it was going to invest USUS Dollar 500 million in Uber in order to facilitate future commercial payment collaborations, such as the development of Uber’s digital wallet.
VISION & VALUES OF PAYPAL
- PayPal believes that all people have the right to participate in the global economy. The company has an obligation to empower people to exercise this right.
The company therefore provides simple and reliable financial services to enable people to reach their financial goals. It is fully committed to its customers, and therefore strives to be bold and execute its duties responsibly and flawlessly.
- PayPal relies heavily on teamwork and values inclusion and collaboration. Its activities are based on values such as integrity, trust, empathy and respect. It strives to create amazing opportunities for its customers, and supports its employees and clients’ well-being.
- The company finds its strength in its workforce, and fosters a work environment that nourishes its employees’ mental, physical and emotional health. It believes success is limitless if action is based on inclusion.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PAYPAL
- PayPal ranked #222 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of biggest U.S. corporations by revenue. The company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “PYPL”.
- In 2018, PayPal recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 15.451 billion, with total assets valued at USUS Dollar 2.194 billion. In October 2018 its market capitalization was valued at more than USUS Dollar 98.2 billion.
- These sound financials afford shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, the confidence to do so in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: MICROSOFT STOCKS
LATEST NEWS PAYPAL
Buy PAYPAL stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase PAYPAL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PAYPAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PAYPAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PAYPAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PAYPAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PAYPAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : NETFLIX STOCKS