OZ MINERALS (OZL) Shares
ABOUT OZ MINERALS
OZ Minerals Limited, an Australian copper-mining company, was founded in 2008 and has its headquarters in Adelaide.
The company owns and operates the copper-gold mine at Prominent Hill and develops the copper-gold resources at Carrapateena, one of Australia’s largest copper-gold resources. It also owns assets in Brazil.
OZ Minerals Limited was established through the merger of Oxiana and Zinifex, two Australian non-ferrous metals mining businesses. A proportion of the company’s assets were acquired by China Non Ferrous Metals Co Ltd (now MMG) in 2009.
The company has a line of earn-in agreements with prominent exploration companies in Australia and globally. It is Australia’s third largest copper producer. Its extensive assists and healthy cash balance with no debt, positions it perfectly for global growth.
Today, OZ Minerals Limited employs approximately 330 people.
OVERVIEW OF OZ MINERALS
OZ Minerals Limited’s main focus is the mining of copper. Its primary activities include the mining of copper, gold and silver. It also undertakes exploration activities and is engaged in the development of mining projects.
The company’s operations are divided into various segments: Prominent Hill Mine; Carrapateena; Exploration & Development, and Corporate.
The Prominent Hill Mine is a combined open-pit and underground mine in the Gawler Craton of South Australia, whilst the Carrapateena segment undertakes exploration and evaluation activities in South Australia.
Exploration & Development focusses on exploration- and evaluation activities associated with other projects. It includes interests in Jamaica and Chile, as well as joint ventures with Minotaur Exploration and Toro Energy Ltd.
The Corporate segment handles other corporate activities such as the Consolidated Entity’s Group Office, as well as other investments in equity and cash balances.
VISION & VALUES OF OZ MINERALS
- OZ Minerals is wholly committed to safety and capital discipline. It is a modern mining operation that adapts to its ever-changing environment. It harnesses the innovative ideas and collaborates with its communities to leverage knowledge.
- Its values underpin its business model, activities and ethics. Its core values are respect, integrity and action.
- The company also promotes cultural diversity and inclusion. It is bold, decisive and agile.
- By implementing these principles in its daily operations, the company stimulates growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF OZ MINERALS
- OZ Minerals Limited trades on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol OZL.
- For fiscal 2019, the company recorded net profit after tax (NPAT) of US Dollar 44 million. The latter reflects shipment timing and increased growth investment. It declared a fully-franked interim dividend of 8%.
- Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect solid dividends and returns on their investments.
Buy OZ MINERALS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase OZ MINERALS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy OZ MINERALS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN OZ MINERALS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE OZ MINERALS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of OZ MINERALS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy OZ MINERALS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?