OLD MUTUAL PLC (OML) Shares
HISTORY OF OLD MUTUAL PLC
First established in South Africa as far back as 1845, Old Mutual PLC has grown to become a leading diversified insurance, investment, savings and banking services provider today.
The group has a wide high-value portfolio, delivering its services to 18.9 million customers across Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia. Old Mutual’s operations function across four business divisions, namely Old Mutual Emerging Markets, Nedbank, Old Mutual Wealth and Old Mutual Asset Management. As such, the group employs over 64 000 employees globally who work to operate the company’s full portfolio of financial services to both personal and corporate clients.
Old Mutual PLC has a primary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), where it trades under the stock symbol –OML with a market cap of over R120 billion. The group is also listed on the Namibia, Malawi and Zimbabwe stock exchanges and belongs to the FTSE 100 index.
ABOUT OLD MUTUAL PLC
- Old Mutual PLC has enjoyed a longstanding global presence, but in light of a lack of synergy between its worldwide divisions, the company has employed a new strategy of simplification in order to boost growth and increase its share price on the JSE. Its four divisions were separated by the end of 2018, which board members believe will enhance results and provide strong long-term dividends for investors who choose to purchase shares on the JSE.
- This downscaling takes the form of strategic focus on South Africa and emerging markets, the economies of which have strong growth forecasts, while still maintaining a minority stake in Nedbank.
- As Old Mutual Limited, the group’s primary listing is now on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. It also has a standard listing on the London Stock Exchange and has retained its other listings on three other stock exchanges in Africa: Namibia, Malawi and Zimbabwe.
The group recognizes the enormous growth opportunities in Africa, and the company is well positioned to make the most of those opportunities, while contributing significantly to the socio-economic progress of the communities it operates in.
This new strategic development will allow Old Mutual to focus on its customers and core assets, as well as to buy into the enhancement of its operations.
- As it stands, the group maintains its vision of being Africa’s premier financial services company in which it has deep and historical roots, a strong market position and a detailed understanding of its retail and consumer markets and its customers’ needs.
- In the medium term the group aims to defend and grow its South African market share in mass and corporate markets while improving the competitiveness of its wealth and investments. Added to this, the group aims for the continued turnaround of Old Mutual Insure and its East African business in order to improve returns across the rest of Africa.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF OLD MUTUAL PLC
- The live online stock charts show a good share price for Old Mutual PLC, with technical analyses depicting it as a strong buy for investors. This is in line with a positive performance for the group as a result of its downscaling strategy, with financial data indicating that the group has benefited from its focus on South African and emerging market businesses in Africa, which have been doing well.
- All in all, Old Mutual has provided a positive investment environment in 2019 and beyond, promising strong returns going forward.
You might also like: NORTHAM PLATINUM SHARES
Buy OLD MUTUAL PLC stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase OLD MUTUAL PLC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy OLD MUTUAL PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN OLD MUTUAL PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE OLD MUTUAL PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of OLD MUTUAL PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy OLD MUTUAL PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : NETCARE SHARES