NXP Semiconductors NV Stocks
NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV (NXPI) Stocks
ABOUT NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV
NXP Semiconductors NV is a Dutch global semiconductor manufacturer with headquarters in Eindhoven, Netherlands. It employs approximately 31 000 people in more than 35 countries, including 11 200 engineers in 33 countries.
Founded in 1953 as part of Philips, an electrical and electronics firm, the name changed to NXP Semiconductors in 2006 when a consortium of private equity investors bought it. The following year it bought Silicon Laboratories’ AeroFONE single-chip phone, and the power amplifier product lines.
In 2010, NXP announced that it had bought Jennic, which operates as part of its smart home and energy product line, using ZigBee and JenNet-IP.
In 2015, the company bought Freescale Semiconductor and the company continued its operations as NXP Semiconductors NV.
In 2018, NXP announced that it acquired OmniPHY, a provider of automotive Ethernet
OVERVIEW OF NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV
- NXP Semiconductors NV is a holding company that operates as a semiconductor company. Its offers high performance mixed signal and standard product solutions.
- The Company’s segments are Standard Products (SP), High Performance Mixed Signal (HPMS), Corporate and Other. Its solutions are used in a range of end-market applications, including personal security and identification, automotive, wireless and wireline infrastructure, multi-market industrial, mobile communications, consumer, and computing.
- It engages with global original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and sells products in all geographic regions.
- NXP’s SP segment supplies a range of standard semiconductor components, such as small signal discretes and power discretes. Its HPMS segment includes business lines, such as Automotive, Secure Identification Solutions (SIS), Secure Connected Devices (SCD), and Secure Interfaces and Infrastructure (SI&I).
VISION & VALUES OF NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV
- NXP Semiconductors NV believes that it should continuously improve through its actions to make a positive impact on society. It wants its stakeholders and employees to design products that can change the world.
- NXP believes that through using the latest semiconductor technologies, which produce tiny circuits that can perform advanced functions with low power consumption, that it can help address some of the challenges faced by society.
- The issues being energy efficiency, mobile populations, national and personal security and caring for the health of a growing and aging world population.
- Semiconductors are already reducing the power consumption of server farms and making consumer appliances operate more efficiently. As an industry, it wants to continue this trend of being proactive in creating value for consumers, the environment and society.
- Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV
- NXP Semiconductors NV trades on NASDAQ and lists under the stock symbol NXPI. The company forms part of the NASDAQ 100.
- During the third quarter of 2019, its revenue was $ 2.3 billion, down 7% year-on-year. GAAP gross margin was 52.4%, and GAAP operating margin was 10.3%.
- On August 29, 2019, the NXP Board of Directors approved the payment of an interim dividend for the third quarter 2019 of $ 0.375 per ordinary share, reflecting an increase of 50% from the prior quarterly dividend.
LATEST NEWS NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV
Buy NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?