NVIDIA (NVDA) Stocks
NVIDIA Corporation (referred to as Nvidia), a global technology company incorporated in Delaware, was founded in 1993 and has its headquarters in Santa Clara, California.
The company was established in the early 1990s by its three co-founders who realized that the future of computing would be graphics based, and that video games, although computationally challenging, would have very high sales volume in the next few decades. They founded the company – which initially had no name – with capital of US$40 000. The need to incorporate the company led to the use of the initials “NV” (next version) which the co-founders had named their files. It was adapted to “invidia”, the Latin word for “envy”.
Nvidia focuses on personal computer (PC) graphics, graphics processing units (GPUs) and artificial intelligence (AI). It provides its wide clientele with services via PC, mobile and cloud architectures. The company also produces system-on-a-chip units (SoCs) for the mobile computing and automotive markets. Its principal product line is labelled “GeForce”. NVIDIA is very involved in the gaming industry, and is well-known for its handheld Shield Portable, Shield Tablet and Shield Android TV.
Nvidia focuses on four niche markets – gaming, professional, visualization, data centres and auto. It is also giving increasingly more attention to artificial intelligence. The company also provides parallel processing capabilities to scientists and researchers which enable them to run high-performance applications efficiently. Nvidia also produces Tegra mobile processors for smartphones and tablets, as well as navigation and entertainment systems for the mobile computing market.
Today, the company employs approximately 11 500 people.
You might also like: MICROSOFT STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF NVIDIA
- NVIDIA conducts its operations through two segments: GPU and Tegra Processor, which are based on a single basic architecture. The Nvidia processor has created platforms for four markets: Gaming, Professional Visualization, Datacentre, and Automotive.
- GPU product brands focus on specialized markets, including GeForce for gamers, Quadro for designer, DGX and Tesla for AI data researchers, and GRID for cloud-based visual computing users.
- The company’s Tegra brand integrates an entire computer into a single chip and integrates GPU and multi-core central processing units (CPUs) to drive supercomputing for mobile gaming and entertainment devices. Nvidia’s GPU has developed into a computer brain at the intersection of high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence.
- Nvidia’s gaming platforms use three-dimensional (3D) software and algorithms, together with GameWorks libraries that provide special effects for games. It offers realism and immersion, even when games are played remotely from the cloud. Nvidia is also collaborating with automotive partners to enable AI pilot and co-pilot in vehicles.
- Computer gaming is the world’s biggest entertainment industry and Nvidia is its largest platform. The company’s GeForce® GTX GPUs and the GeForce Experience™ applications transform PCs into powerful gaming machines.
VALUES OF NVIDIA
- NVIDIA ascribes its success to its workforce, and fosters a work environment that motivates its employees and enables them to work as a cohesive team.
The company’s core values include innovation, speed and agility, excellence, intellectual honesty and integrity.
- Nvidia endeavours to delight its clientele and shape the industry. It matches its priorities to external reality, which enables the company to create cutting-edge products at astonishing speed. It does not engage in politics.
- The company operates at the highest ethical standards and continually focus on improvement to create value for its customers, employees and stakeholders. It believes that performance must be grounded in integrity at all times.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NVIDIA
- Nvidia trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “NVDA”.
- In 2018, the company reported annual revenue of US$9.714 billion with earnings of US$3.047 billion. Its market capitalization was valued at over US$120.6 billion in September 2018.
- These sound financials afford shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, the confidence to do so in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: NETFLIX STOCKS
LATEST NEWS NVIDIA
Buy NVIDIA stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NVIDIA Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NVIDIA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NVIDIA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NVIDIA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NVIDIA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NVIDIA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MERCK & CO STOCKS