NRG ENERGY (NRG) Stocks
ABOUT NRG ENERGY
? NRG Energy, Inc. is a power company. The company is involved in the production, selling and delivering of electricity products and services. It offers these products and services to different markets in the United States. The Company’s divisions include Generation, Retail and Corporate activities. The Generation division includes generation and international businesses.
The Retail division offers services and products to mass customers. Its Business Solutions division includes industrial, governmental, commercial and other distributed products and services. The Corporate division includes residential solar and electric vehicle services.
NRG Energy, Inc.’s portfolio includes an estimated 3.1 million customers in businesses and residential homes across the United States. It employs almost 6 000 people. The company is dual-headquartered in Houston, Texas and Princeton, New Jersey.
HISTORY OF NRG ENERGY
- NRG Energy is founded in 1989 as one a subsidiary of NSP. The company buys Cajun Electric Power Cooperative’s facilities in 2000 and it expands its portfolio. In 2006 the company purchases Texas GenCo. Reliant Energy is purchased in 2009. In 2010 the company starts to focus more on domestic electrical markets and it retreats from international markets. It buys Green Mountain Energy the same year. By 2011 the company’s generation portfolio consists of 25 135 MW.
- NRG Energy buys GenOn Energy for a price of US Dollar 1.7 billion and a year later it buys Edison Mission for a price of US Dollar 2.6 billion. In 2018 the company and Cypress Creek Renewables enters a partnership where NRG Energy offers a long-term consumer solar energy project for a fixed price
VISION & VALUES OF NRG ENERGY
- NRG Energy, Inc.’s vision is to provide energy to all retail customers across the United States. The company has a varied and competitive energy portfolio that delivers electricity solutions to numerous industries across the nation. It invests in new opportunities to create long-term value to its shareholders.
- NRG Energy, Inc. is environmentally and socially responsible. The company is committed to reduce 50 percent of carbon emissions by 2030 and strives to reach its goal of 90% reduction by 2050. In 2018 the company’s employees contributes more than 16 000 volunteer hours to organizations in the 42 states from which the company operates.
- NRG Energy, Inc. partners with several organizations. The company donated 10 500 wetland plants to the Galveston Bay Foundation I order to help improve and sustain more than 200 acres of saltmarsh habitat at 84 sites around Galveston Bay.
- Other organizations helped by the company is the annual Source to Sea Cleanup project, the Channel Islands Marine & Wildlife Institute, Nature Conservancy as well as Biodiversity & Water Conservation.
- The company also donates more than US Dollar 500 000 and volunteer hours to Houston Food Bank’s fight to end hunger. Education, healthcare and youth centers are also contributed to.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NRG ENERGY
- NRG Energy, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “NRG”.
- Analysis data for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total operating revenues of US Dollar 2,465 million. Operating income is US Dollar 320 million and net income is US Dollar 202 million. Income from continuing operations is US Dollar 189 million.
- Dividends per common share for the reported period is US Dollar 0.03.
LATEST NEWS NRG ENERGY
Buy NRG ENERGY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NRG ENERGY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NRG ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NRG ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NRG ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NRG ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NRG ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?