NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES (NST) Shares
ABOUT NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES
Northern Star Resources Limited is a global-scale Australian company that produces precious metals.
It operates world-class projects in highly prospective and low sovereign risk regions of Australia and North America. The company has a portfolio of low-cost, high-grade underground gold mines.
Northern Star Resources Limited invests in building a strong asset base through strategic acquisitions and aggressive exploration to extend the mine lives across its world-class operations and is firmly focused on maximising shareholder returns.
They maintain a diversified asset base through a portfolio of world-class operating mines and ensure that they have significant mine lives which offer low cost operations.
OVERVIEW OF NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES
- Northern Star Resources Limited’s principal activities involve mining of gold deposits at Jundee, Kundana, Kanowna Belle and Paulsens.
- It constructs and develops extensions to existing gold mining operations at all locations and continue exploration at Central Tanami Project in the Northern Territory and in Western Australia.
- The company has several segments involving in the mining and processing of gold, like Paulsens, WA Australia, Kundana, WA Australia, Kanowna Belle, WA Australia, Jundee, WA Australia and Tanami NT Australia.
- The exploration segment consists of exploration, evaluation and feasibility projects, such as Mt Olympus, Fortescue JV and Electric Dingo.
VISION & VALUES OF NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES
- Northern Star Resources Limited has declared the vision to continue to expand the company into a safe, quality mining and exploration company, which focuses on creating value for customers and shareholders.
- Their mission is to generate accretive value for their shareholders through effectiveness in operational activities, growth opportunities and exploration while also focusing on successfully delivering according to their targets.
- Their strategy is set on developing a responsible company that is attractive to global investors through sustaining the critical mass of gold production from three tier-1 world-class mining operations. They vow to uphold strong financial disciplines and continue to deliver superior results and maintain the track record of paying fully franked dividends to shareholders.
- They are focused on safety and committed to strong environmental management and social responsibility. Following this value chain, Northern Star Resources Limited aims to meet needs of both customers and shareholders who purchase shares with the company.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES
- Northern Star Resources Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol NST, listed in the Materials sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance, as per its 2019 annual report include a 62% total shareholder return outperforming the ASX Accumulation Index by 51%. The report showed revenue of US Dollar 1,401.17 million, net income of US Dollar 154.71 million and profit margin of 11.04%.
- Its total assets were US Dollar 1,643.84 million and total liabilities US Dollar 528.90 million with 2.94% debt to assets. EBITDA increased with 8% to US Dollar 479 million.
- Due to Northern Star Resources Limited’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NORTHERN STAR RESOURCES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?