NIKE (NKE) Stocks
ABOUT THE NIKE, INC.
Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation and market leader in the design and development of apparel, equipment, accessories, and services. The company is best known for its slogan – “Just do it!” and the corporation is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area. The brand is not only the world’s largest supplier of athletic shoes and apparel put also ranks as a major manufacturer of sports equipment.
OVERVIEW OF THE NIKE, INC.
- Nike was founded on January 25, 1964, as “Blue Ribbon Sports“, by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight.
- Blue Ribbon Sports officially became Nike, Inc. on May 30, 1971.
- Nike markets its large selection of products under its own brand, as well as Nike Golf, Nike Pro, Nike+, Air Jordan, Nike Blazers, Air Force 1, Nike Dunk, Air Max, Foamposite, Nike Skateboarding, Nike CR7,and subsidiaries including Jordan Brand and Converse.
VISION & VALUES OF THE NIKE, INC.
- To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.
- To do everything possible to expand human potential by creating ground-breaking sport innovations.
- To make their products more sustainable.
- Building a creative and diverse global team.
- To make a positive impact in communities.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NIKE, INC.
- Nike, Inc. trades on NASDAQ and lists under the stock symbol NKE.
- Nike was made a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average in 2013.
- Based on 11 analystsoffering recommendations for NKE, NKE stocks are seen as a Strong Buy.
- Based on analystsoffering price targets for NKE, The average price target is $186.13 with a high estimate of $214 and a low estimate of $168.
LATEST NEWS NIKE, INC.
Buy NIKE, INC. stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NIKE, INC. Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NIKE, INC. Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized. Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NIKE, INC. STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NIKE, INC. STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NIKE, INC. stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NIKE, INC. stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?