NewRiver Reit Shares
NEWRIVER REIT (NRR) Shares
ABOUT NEWRIVER REIT
NewRiver Reit is a specialist real estate investment trust with a history dating back to 2008, when it was established by Allan Lockhart and David Lockhart as a property company focusing on the retail sector under the name NewRiver Retail.
In 2013 the company made the decision to buy 202 pubs from Marston’s for £ 90 million and a later 158 pubs from Punch Taverns in 2015. Today the company operates a high-value property portfolio consisting of 29 shopping centres, 22 retail warehouses, 14 high street units and 359 public houses.
The company altered its structure and changed its name to NewRiver REIT in July 2016.
The company built its portfolio by deliberately focusing on the fastest growing and most sustainable sub-sectors of the UK retail market, with grocery, convenience stores, value clothing, health & beauty and discounters forming the core of its retail portfolio.
OVERVIEW OF NEWRIVER REIT
- NewRiver Reit oversees a retail portfolio of 35 shopping centres and 19 retail warehouses across the United Kingdom.
- The company has been operating its pub portfolio since 2013, which consists of over 650 pubs.
- In 2018 the company acquired Hawthorn Leisure, an award-winning pub management platform that now manages its entire portfolio from their head office in Solihull, West Midlands.
- The company also generates income through its risk-controlled development pipeline, by which the its in-house development team works with stakeholders to obtain valuable planning consents, which it then develops or sells to crystallise a profit. Current developments include Burgess Hill, Cowley in Oxford, and its C-store development programme.
- The company’s business model is set up to deliver superior returns to its shareholders. This approach is based on disciplined stock selection, active asset management, risk-controlled development, profitable capital recycling, and a conservative balance sheet.
- To this end, the company is able to generate a diversified and sustainable income, while focusing on growing sub-sectors of the retail and leisure markets. Its performance is enhanced by extracting further value from its assets based on a strong balance sheet.
VISION & VALUES OF NEWRIVER REIT
NewRiver Reit‘s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) values are based on community development and environmental sustainability, to include minimising its environmental impact, supporting communities, engaging our staff and occupiers, and leading on governance and disclosure.
To this end, the company raise £ 862 700 for charities in 2019, including over £ 30 000 raised for Pancreatic Cancer Research and Willow Foundation from NewRiver’s 2018 ‘Way of the Roses’ cycle challenge.
The company also reported a 10% reduction in GHG emissions intensity from building energy consumption compared to 2018, with Solar PV panels now operational at five shopping centres, generating enough electricity to power 145 UK homes.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NEWRIVER REIT
NewRiver REIT currently trades on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE), where investors can purchase shares under the stock symbol NRR.
Data from the company’s 2019 interim financial analysis shows a resilient performance despite economic setbacks in the retail sector overall, with revenue at £ 127.1 million, up from £ 107 million for the previous year.
The company completed £ 162.1 million of acquisitions across its community shopping centres, conveniently located retail parks and community pubs portfolios, at an average net initial yield (‘NIY’) of 12.9%. Dividends were announced at 21.6p per share, up from 21p for the previous year.
The company’s robust performance despite a sluggish market backdrop has delivered a stable share price with good long-term yields for those who choose to buy shares in NewRiver REIT.
Buy NEWRIVER REIT stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NEWRIVER REIT Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NEWRIVER REIT Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NEWRIVER REIT STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NEWRIVER REIT STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NEWRIVER REIT stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NEWRIVER REIT stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?