NEWCREST MINING (NCM) Shares
ABOUT NEWCREST MINING
Newcrest Mining Limited is an Australian-based mining, exploration and production corporation involved in the exploration, development, mining and sale of gold and gold-copper concentrate.
It is a leading gold mining company in the country, with operations already expanding beyond borders to become a prominent international mining corporation too.
The company was initially started as a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation in 1966.
The subsidiary became Newmont Holdings Pty Ltd. in 1980 and in after acquired 100% of Australmin Holdings Ltd. in 1990, took the current name. Headquarters are in Melbourne, Australia.
OVERVIEW OF NEWCREST MINING
- Newcrest Mining Limited operates projects in six provinces in four countries, focusing on exploration, mine development, mine operations, and the sale of gold and gold/copper concentrate. It operates a portfolio of mines and a pipeline of brownfield and greenfield exploration projects in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, and in Cote d’Ivoire, West Africa.
- Newcrest Mining Limited’sheadquarters, that is in Melbourne, have since been integrated with Sydney. Other offices are based at major mine sites to help communication between miners and the head office.
- Most of the company’s copper-gold concentrate is sold under long-term contract to smelters in Japan where it is turned into 99.99% pure gold bullion sold to Asia’s metal market.
- The company also sells concentrate to merchants who deliver the material to various regional smelters under their own contracts.
VISION & VALUES OF NEWCREST MINING
- Newcrest Mining Limited’s mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold or copper mines.
- They aim to lead the way in safe, responsible, efficient and profitable mining. To do this, they are committed to living and working by certain values like crating a work environment that is stimulating, inclusive, positive and above all safety oriented.
- They also believe in caring about people, working together with integrity and honesty and aim for innovation and problem solving to reach high performance goals.
- They care for the communities they work with and the environment, applying sustainable practices across all aspects of their activities.
- To optimise the returns from their operating assets, they aim for low-cost, long-life operations.
- Newcrest Mining Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of both customers and shareholders who purchase shares with the company are met.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NEWCREST MINING
- Newcrest Mining Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol NCM, listed in the Materials sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance, as per its 2019 annual report include statutory profit1 of US Dollar 561 million (up 178%); underlying profit of US Dollar 561 million (up 22%); EBITDA margin of 45%, EBIT margin of 25%; cash flow from operating activities of US Dollar 1,487 million (up 4%); free cash flow of US Dollar 804 million (up 34%).
- Revenue recorded was US Dollar 3,742.00 million and total assets US Dollar 11,837.00 million.
- Due to Newcrest Mining Limited’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy NEWCREST MINING stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NEWCREST MINING Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NEWCREST MINING Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NEWCREST MINING STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NEWCREST MINING STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NEWCREST MINING stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NEWCREST MINING stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?