NEW HOPE CORPORATION (NHC) Shares
ABOUT NEW HOPE CORPORATION
New Hope Corporation Limited is a thermal coal production company in Australia with interests also in logistics and infrastructure operations in the country.
Its headquarters are in Ipswich, Brisbane, Queensland and operations include New Acland Mine, Jeebropilly Mine, and Queensland Bulk Handling. New Hope Coal is 61.11% owned by Washington H. Soul Pattinson.
The company was first listed in 1904 with coal exporting from the region commencing from the early 1980s and New Hope one of the first companies to successfully getting coal into the Japanese market.
A joint venture between New Hope and TNT Shipping and Development was formed to develop a coal loading facility at the Port of Brisbane.
OVERVIEW OF NEW HOPE CORPORATION
- New Hope Corporation Limited’s main activities include coal mining, oil and gas, marketing and logistics, and investments.
- It operates through four segments: Coal mining in Queensland, including mining related exploration, development, production, processing, transportation, port operations and marketing;
- Coal mining in New South Wales, which includes mining production, processing, transportation and marketing;
- Oil and gas, which involves oil and gas related exploration, development, production and processing,
- Treasury and investments, handling cash, held to maturity investments and available for sale financial assets.
- The company also has business interests in port operation, agriculture and technologies. It has two open cut coal mines in South East Queensland that produce thermal coal: New Acland and Jeebropilly.
VISION & VALUES OF NEW HOPE CORPORATION
- New Hope Corporation Limited is proud of its achievements and care about people and the environment. They vow to deliver sustainable growth and enduring shareholder value through their people and quality assets.
- The company’s core values that underpin their actions include integrity, meaning acting ethically, honestly and trustworthy. They respect and listen to stakeholders and treat others as they expect to be treated and act in accordance with their obligations.
- They deliver on commitments and take responsibility for actions.
- Everybody shares a mutual responsibility to prevent harm and promote wellbeing and together they strive to achieve long term sustainability by navigating through change and uncertainty.
- The company uses the most practical and sustainable methods of environmental management to minimise the impacts of activities on the environment and community.
- New Hope Corporation Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of both customers and shareholders who purchase shares with the company are met.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NEW HOPE CORPORATION
- New Hope Corporation Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol NHC, listed in the Energy sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance in 2019 include an increase in sales tonnages that enabled them to achieve a full year profit before tax and non-regular items of US Dollar 384.3 million, up 3% on last year’s US Dollar 373.2 million.
- The company reported net profit after tax of US Dollar 210.7 million, 41% higher than 2018’s US Dollar 149.5 million and generated a strong cash operating surplus of US Dollar 509.8 million (before acquisition costs, interest and tax), an increase of 18% on the US Dollar 433.9 million of 2018.
- Due to New Hope Corporation Limited’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further
Buy NEW HOPE CORPORATION stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NEW HOPE CORPORATION Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NEW HOPE CORPORATION Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NEW HOPE CORPORATION STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NEW HOPE CORPORATION STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NEW HOPE CORPORATION stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NEW HOPE CORPORATION stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?