NETEASE (NTES) Stocks
NetEase is a Chinese internet technology company providing online services centered on content, community, communications and commerce. Today it employs over 18 000 people.
NetEase, Inc. develops and operates online PC and mobile games, advertising services, email services and e-commerce platforms in China. Some of the company’s games include the Westward Journey series, Tianxia III, Heroes of Tang Dynasty Zero and Ghost II. It also collaborates with Blizzard Entertainment to operate local versions of Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, StarCraft II, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, Overwatch in China, The RPG game Onmyoji, and The Onmyoji Arena MOBA.
Ding Lei founded the company in 1997. By 2008, the 163.com domain attracted at least 1.8 million visitors according to a Compete.com survey. In 2012, the company’s official English name changed from NetEase.com, Inc. to NetEase, Inc. (ADR)
In 2017, the company goes in agreement with the American company Marvel Comics to develop a comic based on a Chinese superhero.
In 2018, it invests US$ 100 million into Bungie for a minority stake in the company. It also invests in New Zealand developer A44.
In 2019, NetEase obtains a minority stake in Quantic Dream.
OVERVIEW OF NETEASE
- NetEase, Inc. is a technology company. It operates an interactive online community in China and is a provider of Chinese language content and services through its online games, Internet media, e-mail, e-commerce and other businesses.
- The Company operates through three segments: Online Game Services, Advertising Services, and E-mail, E-commerce and others.
- Its online games business primarily focuses on offering PC-clients massively multi-player online role-playing games, as well as mobile games to the Chinese market. The NetEase websites provide internet users with Chinese language online services centered over three core service categories.
- Its online advertising offerings include banner advertising, direct e-mail, sponsored special events, games, contests and other activities.
- It offers free and fee-based premium e-mail services to its individual users and corporate users.
VISION & VALUES OF NETEASE
- NetEase, Inc. (ADR) conducts its affairs in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations of the countries in which it operates. It promotes honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships.
- It states full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure in the reports and documents the company files with, or submits to, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and in other public communications made by the Company.
- It complies with applicable governmental laws, rules and regulations, and reports to the appropriate person any violations of this Code. Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NETEASE
- NetEase, Inc. (ADR) trades on NASDAQ and lists under the stock symbol NTES. The company forms part of the NASDAQ 100.
- The second quarter 2019 reports net revenues of RMB 18,769.0 million (US$ 2,734.0 million), an increase of 15.3%. Gross profit is RMB 8,125.8 million (US$ 1,183.7 million), an increase of 12.2%.
- Net income attributable to shareholders is RMB 3,071.4 million (US$ 447.4 million). Non-GAAP net income attributable to the Company’s shareholders is RMB 3,645.4 million (US$ 531.0 million).
- The board approved a dividend of US$ 1.04 per ADS.
LATEST NEWS NETEASE
Buy NETEASE stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NETEASE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NETEASE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NETEASE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NETEASE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NETEASE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NETEASE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?