NEARMAP (NEA) Shares
Nearmap Limited is an Australian aerial imagery technology and location data company that provides frequently-updated, high-resolution aerial geospatial (mapping) imagery of most of Australia’s population, and large parts of the United States and the New Zealand populations. Nearmap Limited supports the government and corporate customers through its online-based mapping content.
The company was founded in Perth, Western Australia, by Stuart Nixon in 2008. The business was acquired by ASX-listed Ipernica and became its primary entity in 2012, then moved headquarters from Perth to Sydney.
It expanded into the United States market in 2014.
In 2017 Nearmap Limited expanded its aerial imaging content to provide 3D models of Australia’s major capital cities and now offers Digital Service Model (DSM) and textured mesh data sets for download.
OVERVIEW OF NEARMAP
- Nearmap Limited provides geospatial map technology for business enterprises and government customers.
- Its segments consist of Australia, responsible for all sales and marketing efforts in Australia; United States, responsible for all sales and marketing efforts in the United States, and Corporate, which holds the intellectual property (IP) and product know-how.
- The mapping provides site information, delivered through high-resolution PhotoMaps technology to users’ desktops and serves various industries such as architecture and engineering, construction, government, insurance, rail, property, roofing and solar.
VISION & VALUES OF NEARMAP
- Nearmap Limited invests in growth to maintain leadership in the location intelligence market.
- They improve brand awareness through targeted campaigns focusing on strategic priorities and invest in automation and analytics to identify new customers and upsell opportunities.
- The company invests in technology and products to continue providing differentiated content and source a growing customer portfolio in a competitive environment.
- Nearmap Limited follows a sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of both customers are met and aims to maximise returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NEARMAP
- Nearmap Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol NEA, listed in the Information Technology sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance until June 2019 include total revenue and other income of $ 79.4 million, up 47% from the previous year.
- The revenue growth reflects the growth in the group’s subscription portfolio, with the Australia and New Zealand portfolio growing with 19% to $ 57.9 million and the North American (US and Canada) portfolio growing with 76% to USD$ 22.7 million.
- Cash costs increased by 22% on prior year; no debt was held and a closing cash balance at June 2019 was $ 75.9 million. The Company’s net assets increased with $ 58.7 million to $ 87.7 million from the previous year.
- Due to Nearmap Limited’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy NEARMAP stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NEARMAP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NEARMAP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NEARMAP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NEARMAP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NEARMAP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NEARMAP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?