NATIONAL STORAGE REIT (NSR) Shares
ABOUT NATIONAL STORAGE REIT
National Storage REIT is a Real Estate Investment Trust is one of Australia’s largest self-storage providers and owns more than 160 facilities across Australia and New Zealand.
Its head office is in Brisbane. The company provides self-storage solutions to over 60 000 residential and commercial customers with storage centres in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast in Queensland, Sydney Western Suburbs in New South Wales, Melbourne and Geelong in Victoria, Adelaide in South Australia, Perth in Western Australia and Hobart in Tasmania.
In 2013 National Storage listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) forming National Storage REIT (NSR), to become the first publicly listed independent, internally managed and fully integrated owner and operator of self-storage centres in Australia.
OVERVIEW OF NATIONAL STORAGE REIT
- National Storage REIT manages approximately 77 200 storage units across approximately 754,000 square meters of net lettable area around Australia and New Zealand. Approximately 125 centers are owned by the National Storage Property Trust (NSPT) about 16 self-storage centers are operated as long-term leasehold centres and there are also third-party managed centres.
- NSR is a stapled entity comprising units in the National Storage Property Trust and shares in National Storage Holdings Limited. The responsible entity of NSPT is National Storage Financial Services Limited.
- Since listing, the company has continued to acquire storage centres and pursue accretive acquisition opportunities across Australia and New Zealand as part of its growth strategy.
VISION & VALUES OF NATIONAL STORAGE REIT
- National Storage REIT tailors its storage solutions based on customers’ needs and budget and provides a range of moving supplies and services to make moving easy.
- A relevant set of values has been established by the company and applies to all personnel. The company is committed to complying with it and to delivering strong returns and shareholder value while also promoting shareholder and general market confidence in the company.
- The company is committed to acting ethically and responsibly in its dealings with customers.
- National Storage REIT follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of both customers and shareholders are met and aims to maximise the value of returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NATIONAL STORAGE REIT
- National Storage REIT’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol NSR, listed in the Real Estate sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance during 2019 include revenue of US Dollar 159.19 million, net income of US Dollar 144.84 million and a profit margin of 90.99%. Its balance sheet shows total assets of US Dollar 2,392.31 million, total liabilities of US Dollar 1,088.04 million and debt to assets of 42.35%. Operating cash flow was US Dollar 66.78 million.
- Due to National Storage REIT’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy NATIONAL STORAGE REIT stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NATIONAL STORAGE REIT Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NATIONAL STORAGE REIT Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NATIONAL STORAGE REIT STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NATIONAL STORAGE REIT STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NATIONAL STORAGE REIT stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NATIONAL STORAGE REIT stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?